Nov 10, 2011

Cute Burlap Wreaths.....

I always have lots of burlap around so this didn't cost me much.  Just the hay wreath for about $3.00.
This can be done with any type of fabric really....
I keep wanting to try a white fleece... how cute would that be?
What you need:

Wreath
Hot Glue Gun
2 Yards of Burlap (approx.)


- Wrap a 3 inch wide x 60 inch long strip of burlap around your wreath and glue into place.

- Cut burlap into 3 1/2 inch squares - lots and lots of them.....

(I use my fiskars circular cutter to slice the squares - it's much faster than scissors)


 Fold the squares around the end of a pen and then apply hot glue to the wrapped end. 


Glue the burlap squares all over the wreath so it is really nice and full.
(on this one I used two colors)



should look something like this...



On the back I string some frame wire into the fabric and twist it into a circle for easy hanging.

 These sweet wreaths are cute for Christmas but they can be displayed all year through.



cute...
You may like my Muslin Rag Wreath also - click on the photo to see instructions.

Linking with -

Uncommon








17 comments :

Sharing Shadymont said...

Love your burlap wreath. It looks wonderful. Just came across your blog. I am now a follower. Hope you'll stop in for a visit.

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

I love this wreath! The two shades of burlap really make it stand out. Your instructions are great. I'm your newest follower, by the way. Clever lady!

Sherry said...

You did a beautiful job on your wreath - I love the burlap & combination of colors. I'm a new follower, please drop by when you have a chance.

Katie said...

I love this!! I love the texture of it!! It looks great on your door!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Oh so cute! Burlap is the best material isn't it? I love the frayed look of the little squares.....so pretty. Thanks for sharing your how-to!

❀ⒹⒺⒺ❀@ A Lapin Life said...

I love anything burlap. Your wreath is beautiful.

Dee
Your new follower

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

I've been wanting to make one of these! Thanks for the inspiration. Like you, there's always extra burlap around here! :)

Rosanna said...

Hi I love all your creative ideas.
Any recommendation on where could I find burlap for cheap?

Thanks!

Shabby French Country Cottage Basement said...

I really like the burlap wreath. Will have to make one of those. It is year long decor.

Barbara Jean said...

Love it! A new twist on an old idea.

blessings
barbara jean

Jeannie-JB said...

I saw your fab wreath on Funky Junks SNS. I love it! Awesome. Fabulous. Cottage. Chic.
Really love it!

Audrey said...

Found you on Funky Junk SNS and love the white wreath on the dark door. I guess I will have to make one of these. Thanks for the Tutorial.
New blogger and will follow you.
Christmas Blessings.
Audrey Z.

The cottonwood house said...

I love love love!!!

Thecottonwoodhouse@yahoo.com said...

I love this idea!

Unknown said...

Where do you find such tightly woven burlap?? I've searched Walmart, Ace, and Menards and have found nothing of the sort! -and Im DYING to make this wreath!!! Help! :-(

Kelly Grohler said...

Hi! I just started blogging so Im new to all this. I made this wreath & absolutely LOVE it! Thanks so much... I shared your link on my blog as well.I hope thats ok :) Thanks again!
www.togetherwegroh.blogspot.com

Έξυπνες Συμβουλές said...

wow, it's beautiful!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...