Nov 25, 2011

Holiday Curb Appeal

The Christmas decorating begins.
I love to come home to a lit up house.  It's so welcoming. I couldn't wait to get the candles in the windows....
but the windows were not ready for the candles.  My windows had about 6 years of grime on them. I'm embarrassed.
I washed my windows inside and out......just the front side of the house. (all day)
I remove the screens in the winter time so the sun comes nice and bright through the windows.
This also makes the windows look brighter from the curb.  This is a great tip if your home is going on the market.  It's a good way to boost curb appeal.


(mine isn't on the market - I just like the look)
This is what they look like with the screens-
Without a screen:


I spruced up the window boxes with clippings from my yard and added a little star in each.


I love my old sleigh.  This year I added our house number to it in white.  Our UPS guy will be happy about that.


A few other little accents:









Enhance the view of your home with nice bright windows and window boxes.  Gather items around your home and use them in an unexpected way this year.
Happy Decorating!
to see more about the accents in these photos
click here

11 comments :

Northwest Texas said...

I love, love, love your blog. So glad I happened upon it. Your house is amazing and so is your creative spirit!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Hi Holly,
Thanks for commenting on my Marshmallow Wreath! Such an easy project - my criteria for any craft! Love your front door - funny as I have that PB page earmarked. Following you too.
Kelly

jennifer said...

BEAUTIFUL! and your windows are SPARKLING!!!

Cathy @My 1929 Charmer said...

Your curb appeal is quite gorgeous. I love everything you've done. Love the wood over the top of the top, and will be doing myself. Nice touch, I really like the rustic of everything. Here's hoping you'll share your project over at Sunday' Best. Sharing is a good thing. Now following you.

Rachael said...

So pretty! Where did you get all of those small spiral trees? I could use some.

Jessica @ Home and Faith said...

This is beautiful! I saw the same pic in the PB catalog and wanted to do the twiggy garland! Thanks for sharing how you did it! I hope to do mine soon. I also love the candles in the windows. Adds a beautiful glow! I wanted those in my windows this year too! Your house is gorgeous!

God bless!
Jessica

leslie said...

Found you on the Inspired Room! I have now spent an hour checking everything out. I love your style and home!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful home and inspiring decor! Your blog is the newest addition to my daily reads! Thank you for sharing :)

Megan said...

P.S. ~ Would you mind sharing where you found the two lanterns hanging over the mantel? I just love them!

Megan said...

P.P.S. ~ Also love the fabric of the curtains in the living room. I can't tell if they are black or navy? So again, if you don't mind sharing...I have been looking for a damask pattern like this (with the right ratio of white to black/navy). Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Just have to say how much I love your blog. Funny thing is that I look on Pinterest all the time. So today as I was looking I saw this cuttest screen door and when I clicked on it it was yours. Funny how many things of yours that I have happened on to and I just love them all. You have an amazing nack.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...