Recycled Jars

I make an easy and yummy strawberry jam in the early summer so I hang on to jars like these....



I end up with lots of jars in this size....
  They are perfect to reuse for freezer jam because the lids are a plain white or silver and the size is just right.
  We also use them for drinking glasses.  :)

After seeing a few mason jar posts on "blogland" I decided to transform them into something decorative...

Like this-


All you need:
 jars, black glass paint, twine (burlap if you like) and tea light candles.
I used hot glue to keep the twine wrapped around the tops of the jars.
You can stencil the numbers but I just did it freehand  :)  ...









10 comments :

LibbiesHome said...

Saw you on Kindra's Terrific Under Ten - Love this idea as I am also a hoarder of jars for jam and anything else. Thanks for sharing!

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Hi Holly, wow, I love this look, and to think it's just PB jars! what a great idea, thanks for joining in with VIF, xo

Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable said...

Wow! This is perfect:) I am seriously loving your post! It is so informative and I think my subscribers would really enjoy reading this. I would love for you to come share it at Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on Frugally Sustainable (http://frugallysustainable.blogspot.com/2011/11/frugal-days-sustainable-ways-2.html). I really hope that you will put Frugal Days, Sustainable Ways on your list of carnivals to visit and link to each Wednesday!

Warmly,
Andrea @ Frugally Sustainable
Here's the link: http://www.frugallysustainable.com

Emily @ Random Recycling said...

I think I may do PEACE for the holidays. Thanks for the lovely (and easy) idea!

Kathy said...

Hi! Found you on Twitter via Inspiredroom....just copied this blog post onto my FB page. Love the inspiration! Truly!! Visit here to see: http://www.facebook.com/vintageweaveinteriors

xox

Kathy said...

And now posted it on Twitter, too! Love the creative recycling!!

Candy Jones said...

Hi, I found your blog via Melisaa at The Inspired Room. Both of you make me so envious at how creative you are. Love your style!
Candyjones1970@gmail.com

Kristin said...

I have been thoroughly enjoying reading through your posts. Your home is gorgeous and your Christmas decor amazing!! Your newest follower!!

Eclectically Vintage said...

Love the numbers! I used mason jars this year too. Added "snow"! following along.
Kelly

Kristina @ ReMadeSimple said...

so beautiful! Love your repurposing style :)I loved your home tour-as beautiful as a Pottery Barn catalog-happy new follower :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...