December 9, 2011

Favorite Burlap Wreath

My Favorite Burlap Wreath
(I know - this is my third tutorial for burlap wreaths but this one is sooooo cute)
These are perfect for winter because of the fullness and wonderful texture.
But I will be keeping mine out all year.
  I love these.
Here is what you need to make one:
~2 1/2 to 3 yards of Ivory Burlap (or any color burlap you want)
~a wire wreath from the craft store
~fabric scissors or circular cutters and cutting matte (optional)
(I have made a lot of these lately so my circulars worked best for me)
This picture shows the larger metal wreath frame but I actually prefer the one smaller than this.
The smaller one is what is in the finished wreath photos.

How to:
~Cut the fabric into 1" x 12" pieces. (approx. - you don't have to be exact)
~Tie those pieces around the metal circular frame on all four rows.
tip: you can also tie two metal rows at a time alternating, if you don't want your wreath so full or if you want to take a "short cut".  :)
Like this:
Single Row Knot 
Alternating Double Row Knots
Push the knots all the way to the end of one section as you go so you make sure to fit as much fabric in each section as possible.
I sit on the floor and watch trash TV programs like Sister Wives or Disappeared and hold the wreath in between my knees to hold it still while I tie all these knots. 
Once you have all the fabric you can fit onto your metal frame - turn the wreath over and straighten out the back so all the fluffy stuff is in the front.  I actually hot glue burlap squares on the back to keep them all in place.
It really is pretty easy.
I like mine nice and full!
Very Pretty in Ivory....
This one was done with beige burlap along with document and key print burlap.
I tied the knots on every two wires alternating.  It still turns out really cute and full.
       
If you don't want to make them but you want one - there are a few available at my Etsy store.
Make one for your Mom for Christmas. She'll love it.
have fun....
linking with:
Funky Junk Interiors - Favorite Craft 2011 SNS #115
Faded Charm - White Wednesday #131
Funky Junk Interiors - SNS #112
Someday Crafts - Whatever Goes Wednesday
Freckled Laundry Friday

15 comments :

Joselyn @ The DIY Spot said...

I love anything burlap so when I see things like your wreath I just gasp in delight. Simply beautiful!

Heaven's Walk said...

I....just....love....this!!!! I adore the ruffly look AND how simple it was to make! Thanks for the great tut! :)

xoxo laurie

D @ The Shady Porch said...

Love the ivory burlap! Nice tutorial. I pinned it to my Wreath board today! Thanks for sharing.

Barb said...

Absolutely gorgeous! nice job!

Beth said...

now, I am reading all your back posts...I love it, I have to make one! Fab!!! also, I am obsessed with Sister Wives!!! I can't stop watching, they are a crazeee business!!

thethriftyneedle said...

This is really terrific, I have a bunch of scraps of burlap that are now screaming for this project!! Nice Blog too!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love this--it looks great in Ivory! I have always wanted to make one but am thinking working with burlap won't be fun!

very merry vintage style said...

Gorgeous! I've seen the white burlap at the fabric stores and have been waiting for the right project to use it. Great tutorial--Stop by and link up if you have time!
Mary

Barb and Dell said...

I love the ivory burlap. Thanks for the tutorial. I may have to make one.
Happy Holidays,
Barb

Cassie said...

I'm stopping by from Faded Charm....this is adorable! Was the burlap a bit messy to work with?
Filing this one in my "to do" file....thanks for sharing!

Eileen said...

Your wreath is beautiful, I love it in the wintry white ivory color. Thanks for the tute, it looks easy and fun!
Eileen@ Cottage Beach House

My Shabby Streamside Studio said...

That is SO cool!

www.MaisonStGermain.com said...

Burlap!!!! Makes me so happy:) Love your beautiful wreath! Thanks for sharing with us how to make it. Newest follower here:)
~Debra xxx
Capers of the vintage vixens

Ivy and Elephants said...

This is such a great tutorial. This really is a super cute wreath. Please share this fabulous post by joining our linky party, What's it Wednesday this week. I hope you can join us. Have a fabulous Christmas!

Paula
ivyandelephants.blogspot.com

Patty (Patty's Pretty Things) said...

I am definitely going to have to make one of these!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...