Dec 9, 2011

A Recycled & Beautiful Fireplace Mantel


This Mantel is ALL about Recycling and Reusing what you have.....
(an update to my post on Simple Holiday Mantel)


Clippings from my own yard, a vine wreath from a tag sale and purchased twinkle lights - with brown wire :) ........


recycled peanut butter jars embellished with twine, a number and burlap... 





I printed stars on sticky vinyl from my cricut, applied them to alternating glass panes and sprayed Frosted Glass Paint from Rustoleum
 over that particular glass pane on the window.

I removed the star stickers once the spray dried and --- tah-dah - I have decorative glass.....





I can re-use this old window for the 4th of July too!  :)  ....
 









Lovely....


Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

5 comments :

Pam - diy Design Fanatic said...

Your Christmas mantel is really wonderful. It is both rustic and elegant! I love the greenery from your yard. Stopping by from Funky Junk!

Tina Schiefer said...

What a beautiful display! I bet it stops you in your tracks every time you waltz past...

Very pretty with lots of layers and texture!!!

Finding Home said...

What a lovely mantel - I hope you don't mind if I share it today on my facebook page. Also, I was wondering, is that "love" burned or painted onto the wood? Thanks

Fireplace mantel said...

What a fabulous fireplace mantel.Really you did great job.It's really appreciated.Thanks for sharing lovely post.

Tina Becker said...

I just love how you have decorated your mantel. Adding elements from nature really brings warmth to the mantel and to the entire room! For more fireplace mantels similar in style check out http://www.customfiremantels.com/gallery/ I love their collection of fireplace mantels!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...