Feb 12, 2012

Organize with Pallets

Several years ago I made this desk with book shelves attached.
I don't store books on the shelving anymore because it has become my own desk in my office.
It holds lots of junk....
(picture cd's, tape measures, notepads...etc.)

Here is what it looks like on a normal basis:



Hodge Podge...


Sometimes the things I store there fall so I decided to use some scraps from wood pallets that I have cut down.








Now it looks a little bit cleaner & I used some scrap wood that I already had.  I like the texture of the different wood colors. My cd's won't slip off and I don't see my tape measures anymore.  Everything is still accessible but a bit more hidden.  I even scaled down what was there to the things I really need to be in convenient reach.

The greenery adds a little bit of a decorative touch.



My view from my office chair is much nicer now - I actually feel like sitting there. =)


18 comments :

aimee said...

such a great outcome, i love pallet projects.
i would love for you to link up at http://twiggstudios.blogspot.com/2012/02/sunday-show-off-linky-party.html

"En Vintage Drøm" said...

oh! I love the shelves, and your organizer, think I have to try this..

Lori C said...

Very neat and tidy...and nice to look at! Love the plants, plants always make things look 'homey'. (new follower)

Debbiedoo's said...

I love it, I love all things pallet. Great idea, and it looks so nice and neat.

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

Just adorable, it all looks perfect. Great way to organize and hide those everyday items. The whole look is fab:)

Shannon said...

Love this! Great rustic touch.

All Things Chic 2 said...

You have a beautiful office space...Love what you did with the splashes of green...I invite you to check out my new blog...Looking for followers!!!

Bliss said...

My desk is actually my husbands work area. I over took it because my little desk in the kitchen is such a mess. Now I need a whole room but I'd just turn that into a mess too. Tomorrow I will file... and toss papers.... and maybe take a picture of it, but I'm fresh out of pallets to use you clever lady.

~Bliss~

Meg said...

Just lovely. I love your work space.

Tiki said...

Wonderful idea! Pallets have so many uses and usually they are just put in a dumpster by factories. Following from Linky blog hop..love your blog! Stop by Ribbons, Lace, and Inspiration and if you like what you see, following me back!
Thanks!

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

Great (free) idea Holly! I love your blog, I get so much inspiration from you and your beautiful home.
Susan

Jamie said...

Wow! I am so impressed! Nothing makes me happier than organization and beautiful decor! Love it all!!!
~ Jamie Asper

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

I Love this idea. And I Love your work center. You are an inspiration. Thanks!!!!

sandraallen260@centurytel.net

ImSoVintage said...

I love this. I almost knocked my self out with something falling off my shelf the other day, so I really need to consider something like this.
Laura

Amy Kinser said...

I love this! Pallets are a great thing, aren't they?

Hope you have a great week.

Julie @ Knot All That I Seam said...

Wow, love what you have done. Looks fabulous! Love the cushions! I made a set of the same with painters drop cloth. :) x Julie

Brooke said...

Love it!!

{northern cottage} said...

I've got a surprise for you! Come check it out:

http://www.northerncottage.net/2012/02/onetwo-three-for-today.html

and i am YOUR newest linky follower!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...