Mar 13, 2012

Signs of Spring


I am so happy the weather has finally warmed up here in New England.


The bright yellow forsythia is a sure sign of Spring.


My boxwoods needed a little "help" so I gave them an extra vine wreath.


I know that artificial plants outside are a huge design faux pas but I had to stick a bit of texture in with these sorry boxwoods.  They're not really holding their own yet.


That center piece between the windows is a skinny wood pallet.
 I picked up two of them for free.



I brought my frame accent outside to fancy up the pallet.





I sanded down my screen door to let the other colors show through. Then gave it a rub down with ebony stain. It looks darker and richer than before.



I am not ready to take down my beautiful Christmas wreath.  My boy, Luke, gave that huge, natural wreath to me and I can not part with it just yet.  It's still soft and the memory of my little guy bringing in that wreath for me with a huge smile on his face is priceless.


With a few white accents - it passes for a pretty Spring decoration.



19 comments :

Phyllis@Around the House said...

Love the warm and welcoming front door...so cool the way you have presented the front of the house...love it..

Jamie said...

It all looks so nice! Nothing says spring like Forsythia. Love it! ~ Jamie

Debbiedoo's said...

Looks beautiful Holly. I love your door, and the twine around it. I am wondering if I can do that...I may just try it. Thanks for all your wonderful inspiration.

The Bold Abode said...

So bright and cheery! I don't blame you one bit for hanging on to that wreath! So sweet...

All Things Chic 2 said...

I agree , a sure sign spring is in the air , with a little pop of yellow!!! Blessings Lori

Bliss said...

Make sure Luke gets his wreaths from that place every year, they never die!
Did you enter your porch in the porch party? It's over at FromMyFrontPorchToYours.

~Bliss~

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Lovely spring accents! I love the fullness of the wreath and how your son got it for you.

Town and Country Gals said...

Holly,
your porch looks fabulous! Am in love with your screen door! All the touches just sing spring! Love the way you pulled it all together!
Rebecca

Gail said...

I love everything about your front entry Holly! I have a white screen door on my front porch and now I'm thinking that I may have to copy yours...I love it! Enjoy your day, Gail

haggermaker4 said...

I love your revamp on your door with the sanding and stain! Happy Spring!!

Tona Haggermaker
Athens, Alabama

theoldfencepost said...

Hi Holly, very cute! Where do you get your wrought iron decorative scrolls ? My Hobby Lobby used to sell them but stopped;( thank you Kerry from Ohio

Connie said...

Where did you get your forsythia wreath? Did you make it yourself or buy it? I love the bright cheery yellow.

ImSoVintage said...

It is so wonderful to see all the pretty spring colors. Love your front door :)

Katie @ My Darling Days said...

Stopping by from Charming Decor... WOW. You have quite the nack for decorating, and giving new purpose to old things. Wanna come redo my entire home?! Very inprirational! :)

Alison Olsen said...

Love your door ... actually I love your whole blog ... so creative! Can you share how you hang the wreath from the burlap? Thanks!
Alison

Mel said...

Your porch looks great. I really like the screen door. I have been thinking about adding a screen door but didn't know if it would look good but now I know it does.
Thanks!

~Mel
craftymeldesigns.com

Home Frosting said...

Very pretty, Holly! Lesa

Jaime said...

Love the front of your house. I've prolly said that a zillion times already though! Funny, I also have boxwoods flanking my door. And I have almost the exact same star stand thingy. I had a wreath on mine, but I love the idea of a letter. We have to be more on the conservative side, our HOA is a little mean, like that! ;)

Pamela said...

Faux plants outside bad!!??;) Don't look at my fake ferns lady!:) Everything looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...