May 28, 2012

$1 Chalk~Cork Board...


A fast, easy and cheap message board....



A $1 cork board (with a bad print} from Ocean State Job Lot.
Scrap burlap.
Chalk Board paint.
Paint brush.



apply a saw tooth hanger on back


To add a little interest to the plain cork, chalk board....I will hang it from an iron hook and burlap.
Here's how:
Hang the board the height you want it with a small nail.
Remove the board.
Right above the small nail - about 6 inches - screw in the iron hook.
Drape ribbon over the hook and tape each end to the wall about 6 inches below the small nail.

This way the chalk board will "look" like it is hanging from ribbon and the iron hook .

Place the Cork-Chalk Board back up on the small nail.


Write a message...


Pin up notes and photos.





Useful, easy and cute.

13 comments :

Deanna @ It's Just Me said...

Holly, this is SO cute : )

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

Adorable! ... I love the burlap hanger :)
Susan
Homeroad

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Oh my...I just LOVE this idea!!! Hop over and share it at my Nifty Thrifty Tuesday party...it's up and running.

Blessings,
Linda

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love this! you can never have too many chalk boards. My kids are already counting down to Christmas on one of ours:)

Kelly said...

Very cute! Such a great creative project.

Katie Sue said...

Cute, cute and love the burlap hanger!

The Bold Abode said...

A round chalkboard? You are crazy-amazing! I looooove it!!!

lynn said...

love it!-- and that CUTE pillow, holly!

Sandy said...

I see your green pillow. I love it and would love even more to find out where you got it. Or did someone make it?

All Things Chic 2 said...

You just inspired me...
Thanks lori ~

Bella said...

I have those corkboards too! Now to find them and get them painted. Great idea Holly!

Amy Kinser said...

It's fun, cute, and sure looks easy. Perfect!!

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

Great idea!
Bj

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...