May 30, 2012

Crowded Garden


I planted my own garden several years ago....


Using my tiller (a birthday present) and rocks from the ground around our property I created this flower bed.


Coming from the West...I couldn't believe all the foliage that grew wild here in Connecticut.
Daylillies were growing near the road in our own front yard. I dug them up and replanted them in my flower beds.


This is a photo from just before the lillies are ready to bloom.


I ordered several perennials from an on-line nursery to plant along with my Day Lillies. I also planted Shasta Daisies and Echinacea from seed indoors until they were big enough to be planted outside.
.
Here are some of my favorite perennials:


Shasta Daisies


Stella Dior Daylillies


Echinachea


Astible Bridal Veil


Black Eyed Susan


Lupine

Cluster a set of 5 close together for a lovely crowded garden.


In a couple of weeks my garden will be bursting with blooms.



Adding a stone pathway creates an inviting walk through the garden and brings in
a little "cottage style" charm.


Create large curved gardens lined with stones for a welcoming entrance to your front door.

Lovely Gardens Bring Happiness

to see an interesting way I display another area of my garden CLICK HERE

20 comments :

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Beautiful inspiration! Loving all of your flowers,,,,

Gretchen said...

What a lovely garden! Living in SC I miss having the rich soil we had in the Northeast. You've done a wonderful job creating so many flower beds.

Kate said...

I am soooo jealous. We left CT 20 years ago for CA and I still miss it. A visit to White Flower Farm, Mystic Seaport, summer rain showers, ahhhh...

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful gardens!

Martha said...

Very beautiful! Such a wonderful time of year!

Kelly said...

Your flower garden looks great!! I love perennials and have a few, but love how you clustered them together like that. I also like your walkway made out of stones instead of poured concrete. It looks like you have a lot of property to manage.

Jamie said...

Your garden and house are both so beautiful! You must enjoy it all so much. ~ Jamie

Gina said...

Your garden is looking beautiful! I love the lupine, it's so pretty.

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

I love a crowded garden. Yours is looking beautiful. Mine is also about to be bursting with flowers and I can't wait! It's off to a great start. I hope you share more photos of when yours is bursting!

~Shanon

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Beautiful gardens--I love the Bridal veil. I need some of that!

Debra K said...

Beautiful Garden Holly....you are very inspiring....

Bliss said...

The flowers!!!! OMG so abundant.

~Bliss~

Ann said...

First visit to your glorious garden. I adore the brick pathways. All of your perenials are awesome. Wonderful mixing of colors.
Ann

Dottie said...

Beautiful garden! We share some of the same favorites. I love daisies, cone flowers, black eyed Susans both because they are beautiful in the garden and because I love making little boquets to have inside. Thanks for sharing.

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

your flower garden is beautiful.. I dont have a green thumb, one thing I didnt get from my mamaw. I cant even remember the difference between annuals and perennials.LOL

Drama Mama Lori said...

Wow! You go with your green thumb! I have basil growing in a container. That's the extent of it!! Your garden is beautiful! ~Lori

Bella Michelle said...

Your garden is so similar to the garden I had done at our last house and I just loved it! This current house has a much more traditional/formalized look but I am softening it up little by little!

BTW, I just found your blog and love your style (one which I wish I could emmulate!)

Anonymous said...

What online nurseries do you recommend? Your flowers are beautiful!
Lin

JOY 2 JOURNEY said...

So so pretty. I just love the flowers and gardens. I am from Cali and the foliage was not the same as it is here in Minnesota. Just love it. Your yard is lovely ... thank you for sharing!
Hugs,
Bj

Gina said...

little late I am... just got around your beautiful blog. Did you know you can eat your day-lillies. They taste a litle like lettuce with a pepperish aftertaste. Look good on a salad as eadible deco too.
try please try in summer, they are good. I have eaten them for more than 30 years

greetings from Germany

Gina

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...