Sep 19, 2012

A Wine Bottle for Dish Soap

I have a brother who makes his own wine.
His labels are always really cool so I hold on to his wine bottles when I am lucky enough to get one.
This particular label has a floor plan of a home to be built for him and his wife.


The little caddie was a Target clearance find that came with a plant trio. I bent the handle to the side to fit my bottle in the center.
The wine cork used to be a Mickey Mouse head but over time he lost his ears.
Our sink has a hand soap dispenser built in.
Since I buy our dish soap in bulk - there is no way I am going to store a large plastic container on my counter top. This is convenient and pretty.
Recycling bottles.....smart and beautiful!
To see other posts about bottles recycled Click Here.
Then Here for a Christmas idea.

15 comments :

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great idea! It's very pretty, you're recycling and it reminds you of family. Sounds like a win-win-win to me!

Gail said...

That is a beautiful idea Holly!

Kelly said...

How cute! I like dishwashing liquid in a pretty decanter. Yours actually has a story behind it, so it's even better!

Anonymous said...

Holly, That is a great idea and very cute. Love the valance, do you dare say where you bought it? Love all your ideas!

Thanks for sharing!

Holly said...

To Anonymous...The valance is from Lowe's. It's an 84" panel all folded up, clipped and tied with black ribbon. I am lazy with fabric projects. :/ It was only about $12.

Terry Moore said...

What a great idea. My sister owns her own winery and makes all the wine in Oklahoma. I should try something like this...you have inspired me!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Very cute and I love the wire rack. That is a really cool label. I love putting dish soap and bubble bath in different containers too.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

How cool that your brother makes his own wine! Great idea to re-use the bottle.

Sooner Laura said...

Very cute idea. And your kitchen is lovely!

Bliss said...

Cute, but I'm spoiled...... I expect nothing less from you anymore!

~Bliss~

Mandy @ OTA said...

Love, Love, Love this idea!! Thanks for sharing! ~Mandy~

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love this idea. I have a gorgeous green wine bottle that I saved so I could do something with it. This is such a great idea and I love the carrier with the plants too. Hugs, Marty

Junky Vagabond said...

So clever! I love how you repurposed a plant caddy, a wine bottle, and a mickey mouse stopper and made a beautiful and decorative item. You have vision Holly :)

Bella said...

Too cute! I would have NEVER guessed that cork used to be Mickey Mouse head. So nice NOT to see a bottle of Dawn or w/e near a sink. MUST try this!

Anonymous said...

cute... where did you get the sign on your mantle?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...