Sep 6, 2012

Frame in the Fridge with a Fence

Our home has large white appliances.

Here is how I added my own panel to the monster white fridge for $0.
The BEFORE...
In our old house I had a small section of fence in Luke's Room.
I am going to use this in my kitchen to hide the side of the refrigerator. I keep cluttering up the side with posty notes and flyers, etc. It looked junky.



I cut it to size and sanded it just a little.
A perfect fit. Now to hide the cross beams so it looks cleaner.


This will keep me from junking up that side that is so visible from our family room.
I planned on staining the fence to match the cabinets but once I got it in here -
I liked the lighter wood.
There is enough of the cherry wood color in this space.


Since we are renting our cute house - I can't do anything permanent. This is a perfect small solution to keeping my refrigerator looking clean. (in a rustic way)
I am so glad when I can make a project out of something in my very own garage.

For those of you who have a stainless fridge with black sides that show -
this is an idea for you, too.

This is our old kitchen.... the fridge had an end panel and a deep cabinet above. That fridge had black sides so I was glad to have them covered up.

to see more GO HERE


21 comments :

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Smart idea and it looks great!!

Amy Kinser said...

It looks great! Wonderful idea.

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Great idea, Holly!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

WOW! what a creative idea, holly! it looks awesome!

Debbiedoo's said...

Nice job girl!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Love how you think outside of the box...awesome idea!

Blessings,
Linda

Comeca Jones said...

Wherever you are you make it yours! I love that!!!!

Cecilia said...

Holly,
You never cease to amaze! What a great solution.

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

Great upcycled idea:)

Cynthia said...

Great idea, it looks great.

Cynthia

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

What a fantastic idea and I love what you did to the fridge in the other house!!...beautiful...I hope you will consider joining us at the Southern Bloggers Conference!!..It's going to be great!!! Have a wonderful weekend!

ImSoVintage said...

What a great solution and I love that it fills in that space between the counter and the side of the fridge, where things always fall down.

Bliss said...

Oh no, what did you put on Lukes wall!

~Bliss~

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great project!

Inspire Me Heather said...

Very clever and it looks great too Holly!

SweetPepperRose said...

Adds a very country touch :)

Jody and Stan said...

Great idea Holly!

Jody

Elma said...

Gosh you just are amazing!!! I love it!!!

Pamela said...

That is a really cool idea Holly!

Christian Renwick said...

You made the right decision to not paint the fence, Holly. The lighter color matches well with the cabinets. :) It's good to know that there are still people who know how to recycle things like fences. It's one way of keeping a smile on Mother Nature's face.

China Ali said...

I love your work !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...