Oct 4, 2012

Initial Glassware

We were having some friends over a few weeks ago. At the last minute I realized I didn't have any wine glass rings. For our guests to be able to tell which drink was theirs I pulled out some letters that I had printed on my Cricut for a message board. I never used them for the message board but I was really glad I didn't toss them out. The initials were printed on sticky vinyl in white.
The initials are for each day of the week.


Some people may need a wine glass for every day of the week :) Hmmm...
I am sharing this with you because I have washed several of these glasses a few times in the dishwasher and the stickers are still on.
For duplicate S's and T's I tied on a gem, washer or nut to the stem.
If you don't drink wine, use this idea on kids cups or glasses for your guests.
I lit a pumpkin spice candle for the party, too.
To hide the label I used double stick tape and wrapped krinkled yarn around and around the jar.
A last minute glassware tip for your next get together. 

16 comments :

Jen said...

Enjoyed your post. Great ideas. I would be so happy to have you as a follower. My follow gadget is close to the end of my blog. Thanks~Jen

Kelly said...

Those are some great tips! I have some slip on "flip flops" for the bottom of margarita glasses or wine glasses. But of course, that only works for summer gatherings. ha! The labels are a cute idea.

Deb Hrabik said...

Hi Holly,
I have visited your blog so many times. Love it!
Finally, I remembered to click the join button!
Your smile is very welcoming,
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

chateau chic said...

Great idea on the wine glasses. My husband can never remember which glass is his!
Mary Alice

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

I really like the candle jar idea...I hate those labels!!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

That is a cute idea and the yarn over the label is very creative.

Becca said...

Great ideas !! I love the "days of the week" wine glasses. :) And, thanks so much for your kind note about our Fall dining room! Have a fabulous weekend! *Becca*

Pamela said...

That is a cute idea Holly!

Junky Vagabond said...

What's the font Holly? Cute idea...is it bad that I just rinse and reuse my wine glass most days??

Cynthia said...

Great project. I like the idea.

Cynthia

sweetvintageofmine said...

LOVE YOUR STYLE! Just came across your blog~~~~I am your newest follower! Really enjoyed reading~~~~from one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Love your tips! How fun to have friends over and socialize. I'm wanting a glass of wine now!

~Shanon

ImSoVintage said...

Great ideas, Holly :)

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Holly,
These are two great tips...thanks for sharing:)

Blessings,
Linda

Bella said...

What a great idea! And so much more elegant than a sharpie and a solo cup :D

Excellent tips especially the gem & washers.

Mike said...

I switched all my glasses from plastic to glass not only because it's healthier for you. I also love the look of glass cups.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...