Oct 16, 2012

Modern Light Fixture Goes Shabby

I don't mind our breakfast nook light fixture but I wanted to add some of my own style in our dining area without switching out the whole light.
I brought my Raggy Burlap Lampshades along with me from my home in CT.
I decided to go ahead and use them while we are living here.


I removed the glass, dusted and added some white and silver garland that I purchased at The Nosey Goose.
Then topped it with my shades.

Each bulb (4) is 25 watts - plenty of light for dining.
Burlap overload...I know. This natural texture makes me like the blue walls
and cherry cabinets a lot better. A little rustic element.
Later I will post about those floors - I applied laminate wood floors
over vinyl in our rental home.
Pretty & Shabby

18 comments :

Lynn Fern said...

Love!!

Linda Primmer said...

Hi Holly, clever girl. Your chandy looks wonderful, especially with the drapes and the table is ready for Fall.

Kelly said...

I do love how burlap looks against a soft blue. If you're like me, you're trying to get the "new" out of that kitchen! ha!

Debbiedoo's said...

I love it...very clever and it looks awesome!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Oh! those are so wonderful!
I love them.
I like the little garland wrap you added too.
Has a nice romance too!
thanks for stopping by Corn!
:) Pat

Katie Sue said...

It is great that you re-purposed something you didn't love into something you can love. So cute.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love it--you brought it to life! Great makeover.

Cecilia said...

Holly,
Can you ever have too much burlap? hmm, I don't think so- it looks great. Love your shabby burlap shades still!

Finding Home said...

Wow, what a great way to use what you have and make it work for your style - super pretty! Take care, Laura

Bonnie Hitchcock said...

Sweet! I'm a shabby kind of girl! LOVE!

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

I love it! Not a trace of the old chandy left! Great look!

Anonymous said...

Love it !!!! Do you have a before pic of your workbench table or a tutorial?
-Kimberly

Cynthia said...

Wow!! I love the change just a simple little thing makes a big impact, right?

Cynthia

ImSoVintage said...

Simple and perfect.

Hugs,
Laura

blesid thrifter said...

Burlap overload??? NEVER NEVER EVER! Love the added detail of garland around there. And what a great idea to cover that vinyl! I am always in awe of YOU!!!! jules

srpprcrftr said...

Your shade covers are incredible and loving all the burlap, really softens your room. Why not? That silver and white garland is a great accent for the burlap shade covers.
When you live in rental homes you still want your home to reflect you, great job.

reFresh reStyle said...

They are perfect! Never too much burlap :)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Great transformation....goes so well with the room and love the runner!!...Great job!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...