Dec 27, 2012

2012 Top 10

The following 2012 posts are the most popular by page views.
 Click on the photos to view the full post.
I introduced you to my favorite way to achieve a "chippy paint" look with Vaseline and spray paint. 
over 163,300 page views (wow!)
A tutorial on how I made this narrow foyer table
with an old window and deck posts for legs.
over 27,900 page views
This post shows you how I use baby oil to move wood stain around painted furniture projects to get a "glazed" or "aged" effect.
over 23,150 page views
Used coffee grounds gave this bargain priced urn an aged look.
over 19,880 page views
I love old doors and in this post I show you how to bring in some old charm to your home by using authentic vintage doors or new doors found at home improvement stores.
nearly 13,000 page views
I painted and distressed this $5 dresser in only 2 hours
- start to finish by using spray paint and a razor blade.
over 10,200 page views
Our master bedroom decorated for Valentine's Day.
over 8600 page views
A tutorial on how I made this wreath from our wisteria vine clippings.
over 8400 page views
A detailed tutorial to painting patterns on wood floors.
over 8200 page views
Recover ugly lamp shades in burlap - a tutorial.
over 8000 page views

The most popular of all was our Tour My House page.
over 643,500 page views since Dec. 2011 
(when my hubby viewed that page he said -
"When was our house ever that clean?")
What an amazing year it was for Down to Earth Style blog. Lots of growth and support from readers. It looks like blog readers enjoy tips on how to distress and age furniture. Before I was aware of  DIY blogs and prior to starting my own, I used to make furniture and home accents such as frames and word signs for my decorating business. I tried all kinds of alternative ways to achieve old and distressed looks. At the time I had no idea anybody would be interested in using my goofy techniques....but they really do work. :) 

This was a big year for my family also, as we relocated to another state.  I am searching for a permanent home to make all our own. I look forward to sharing that adventure with you in 2013.
I invite you to follow along.
Thank you for making 2012 a great year here! I truly enjoy your comments and all my new blog friends.
Happy New Year!!!
DIY Show Off

19 comments :

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Great posts--wow you did a lot of views! Can't wait to see what you post in 2013 :)

Terry Moore said...

Great ideas and it's so wonderful of you sharing your secrets on DIY. Come by and check out my best of 2012!

Heather Carson said...

holly,

i'm so glad i came across your blog in 2012, it's one of my favorites. i absolutely love your style and you have motivated me to turn my apartment into a 'home'

i SO look forward to what is to come in 2013, as my new hubbi and i will begin the house hunt...

wishing you & yours a happy new year!

- heather
www.ThisLifeIsYours.com

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for sharing all your knowledge with others...and by the responses you got it looks like people are glad to get your tips. Looking forward to seeing the home you find in your new state-Blessings- xo Diana

Anonymous said...

Holly-hope all is well with Marc, boys and you. Merry Christmas and happy New Year!!

Christine Vandormolen said...

so glad I found your blog Holly, by far my favorite...looking forward to more of your projects in 2013...YOURS COPYCAT...lol

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

Lots of great projects. Love your bedroom.

Dewena Callis said...

I am amazed by your beautiful projects and by the page views! Very good! And now you have the beautiful sweet Mazi! Best Christmas present of all!

pink*cherub*moon said...

I am so glad that you made this list! I am going to go to each link and enjoy every post! Love the fact that I'm not the only "mad scientist/furniture redoer" out there! Looking forward to following your adventure in house hunting! Hope you find exactly what you're looking for! Hugs, Leena

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

I love all of your projects. You have a very personal and unique style. Wishing you all the best in the coming year.

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Holly, what a great post! I'm bookmarking this one to use as a reference guide. You have such a unique and very creative style!!!!
Wonderful wonderful post!
I am a new follower (but I have been to your blog many times)... and you are now on my blogroll!!!

Beth said...

I used the framed star as inspiration for a Christmas wreath I did!

Plus, I just clicked on your home tour link and found some home inspiration ideas there too! There was a ton more that I wanted, but I don't think the hubby would go for some of them. :( Thanks for posting your link on Funky Junk!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Great projects ... I love the razor blade distressing!

Corn in my Coffee-Pot said...

Hmmm... I've seemed to have missed some of these posts! I'm going to visit each one again!
I'm intrigued by the wisteria vine bush! I have two of these bushes...and to think, I could be having some of these beautiful wreaths grace my home for free! The Salvaged Frame...with chicken wire, I have the perfect frame for this project... oh yeah!
and...that painted floor! I'm checking these out for my 2013 projects!

Happy New year! Pat

Holly @ Bella Nest said...

These were all my faves this year!!! I hope you have a wonderful new year, Holly Jolly!

Shelly Andrade said...

Love Love Love Love Love ~ Thanx for sharing your amazing talent with us Holly!

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

I love your beautiful projects Holly! I'm also noticing a new blog look and it's great! Have a happy and healthy New Year!
Susan

ROSE :: FineCraftGuild.com said...

Love these! Come link them up at our linky party about BEST OF 2012: http://www.finecraftguild.com/best-of-2012-linky-parties/

Leslie Harris said...

Holly, I agree with so many others, I'm so glad you made this post with all these links. Wow, your projects are amazing and I'll be referring back to your aging techniques for my next project. Congratulations on all your success too. How exciting to get all those page views!
Leslie (Gwen Moss)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...