December 14, 2012

Kitchen Window Storage

The kitchen window is a place it seems I spend a lot of time.
I like to utilize that space well with small items stored close by like a basket of wine corks.


Or hanging coffee mugs.
Hanging shutters on the cabinet sides 
makes a nice spot for fresh herbs to hang & dry.
I hung the shutters from a D ring on the back of each shutter - thread twine though it and used a thumb tack at the top of the cabinet to tie it to. I don't have crown molding on the cabinets so it works out that way.
 These little chalk tags are from the craft store.
I drilled a small whole in it and tied it on with twine.
The basket is hung with hemp twine that slips over a hook at the top...
The window frame is metal here that is why I chose to hang the cork basket this way - I like the look of it.
Our other house was wood so I just had a nail there in the center of the wood window frame.
I know some people don't like to make holes in the wood molding so tacks leave a really small hole. I will patch this whole with wood filler before I move out. 
A photo in the center of the window looks charming and lived in.
The wire basket is from Target. I grabbed several of them for $2.50 each in the dollar section. (don't pass that spot up when you walk in - sometimes I find cute gems there) Since we are on the subject of wine, storage and gems I will show you what I picked up yesterday.
I am making plans for this wine box - I will share when I am all done.

here is a comment left for me...great idea!

cute!
another cute idea is to note on the wine cork in sharpie marker the date drank & what the occasion was for drinking {even just a relaxing night at home}
fun to read later!

xo - heather
www.ThisLifeIsYours.com

Sharing with:

Funky Junk Interiors - SNS #170 Crates

15 comments :

Heather Carson said...

cute!
another cute idea is to note on the wine cork in sharpie marker the date drank & what the occasion was for drinking {even just a relaxing night at home}
fun to read later!

xo - heather
www.ThisLifeIsYours.com

pballard said...

Adore Adore Adore!!!!!!

Katarina said...

It's lovely, Holly! Now, I'm curious about the wine box... :-)

It's Just Me said...

Holly, I LOVE it!!! I picked up two of those baskets a few weeks ago. What a great way to store my corks. Thank you. By the way, I LOVE your kitchen!!!!
Hugs ~
Deanna

Christine Vandormolen said...

It rocks..I'm always afraid to screw holes into woodwork like that. When you move out, do you just patch it and paint over it??

Tonya said...

I love the shutters on the side of the cabinets. How did you hang them?

Granny in NC said...

Love the mug hanger..Please share where you found it????
Granny in NC

ImSoVintage said...

Love the baskets. I bet they are all gone now if out Target had any.
Laura

Shelly Andrade said...

Holly, I love your style. You make my day every time I see "Down to Earth Style" in my inbox! Have a VERY Merry Christmas, Shelly

Linda said...

Love the look of your kitchen! It makes me miss living in a house, where I could have a bit more space.... Your ideas are so lovely & practical. I so enjoy your posts!

livingsimplyfree said...

If there is one thing I miss it's having a window over my sink. I love how you have decorated it and can't wait to see what you do with your box.

wendy said...

all your ideas are super cool. Love the corks in the basket..well, heck...I love it all

Jawed Ali said...

Get your own home based job in data entry, copy pasting, clicking and different more jobs
www.jobzcorner.com

Christine Vandormolen said...

Good morning Holly, I had replied directly via e-mail to your message. Not sure if you got it. I send you a few pics of my COPY CAT attempts??? Let me know if I need to re-send them?

tahir sumar said...

Most Popular and Famous Vehicles, Latest Speed Cars, Sports Cars Info and Pictures.
worldlatestvehicles.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...