January 28, 2013

Make a Topiary

For a while I have had these little angel vine balls (from Rod Works in Utah).


I broke a stick down to the height I wanted my plant to be.
Tried putting it in dirt...wasn't that sturdy - but OK.
Found a large enough hole in the vine ball and topped the stick with it.
After a day or so I decided to switch pots. This mini white urn has craft foam glued into the bottom of it and moss on top to hide the foam.
I used the homemade topiary in this post.
While shopping at TJ Maxx I found this cloche for $14.99.
The tall artificial plant fits perfectly.
If you don't have little angel vine balls lying around you can make your own.
This is a good DIY Topiary tutorial to start from scratch.
Topiaries are expensive but I love them. I have purchased these type of plants at TJ Maxx, Homegoods and Target (Smith & Hawkins). Ballard Designs has some cute ones, too, The most beautiful ones are the preserved boxwood type. Restoration Hardware is one place that sells them. Floral shops do too - maybe for less than RH.
I'm starting to think "Spring". (NO more flu season, please!)
If you love plants and green things around your home - you might enjoy my Greenery Pinterest board.
Sharing with:
Coastal Charm - Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Photobucket

10 comments :

Kelly said...

That's a great idea! I love topiaries too and they can get expensive. I have been able to find some at some good prices at an antique store though. Restoration Hardware is expensive! Love the cloche you found to put it in too.

NanaDiana said...

That is just gorgeous. I love topiaries and, you are right, the good ones are very expensive. Blessings to you- xo Diana

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

So Cute! Love this. Right now I have a little real angel vine topiary. I am not sure hoe long I'll keep it alive. I love the containers. Both are super cute!
Karen

hong kong property said...

that looks really nice especially with the cloche

Angela Santaniello said...

Gorgeous and I love the cloche you have it in. The topiary adds such a nice touch of greenery to your home. I'm wishing for spring too, but instead we had freezing temps and snow today!

Angela

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

LOVE the topiary and LOVE the new cloche!! SO pretty!!

Audrey @ Neverending Decorating said...

Hi Holly, I love how your topiary turned out, what a beautiful display and I love topiaries. I'm a new reader and follower (from Coastal Charm), I'd love for you to stop by sometime. Have a wonderful and blessed day.
Audrey @ neverendingdecorating.blogspot.com

Cynthia said...

This turned out great and I love that cloche. Just beautiful.

Cynthia

Pamela said...

Love this little project Holly! Hey, can you email me. I tried sending you one but it keeps getting kicked back. I wanted to ask you a question. Thanx for partying at THT!

Kammy Wielenga said...

I always love your style, Holly!! Looks like a fun project for my mom and I next time we're together. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...