Personalized Pet Food Bin

A few months ago I found this potato bin at an antiques store for $12.


It was already painted black. Since I got a new puppy for Christmas, I thought this would be a perfect place to store her food and treats.
I used my Cricut to personalize the new dog food bin.
Using a decorative sheet of duct tape cut at 6 inches wide. I  applied it to the cutting mat to insert into the Cricut. I used Storybook/ Fancy Corner Font. Once cut - peel the outer part of the duct tape sheet off around the letter and discard. Apply transfer tape to the initial (M for Mazi) then peel from the backing paper so that the letter is stuck to the transfer tape (decorative print side up) and the back side is all sticky. Place the letter center on the bin top and apply with pressure and a straight edge tool.
 For the front words I chose my Puppy's name - Mazi and called it "feed company" - established on her birthday. It might be kind of goofy. When my boys see it I know I will hear all the OMG's...
I don't care.
This font is Lyrical Letters and printed on sticky vinyl.
I try to get the words straight by marking two spots with a pencil in a level line.
Follow the level line by applying painters tape at each pencil mark.
Rather than use transfer tape on this area I used my tools to apply the sticky letters.
For the "i" in Mazi and in between the month/day/year I made a dog paw by printing exclamation points on the Cricut and using only the little dots. I double checked Mazi's paw to make sure I had the right amount of circles. ;)
I screwed in a little handle for the lid.
Her food and treats fit perfectly!
I'm so sure she appreciates all the work I did for that...
I hope I remember where I put her food tomorrow when I go to feed her.
No - it sits right next to her bowls where we all can see.

I was at Starbucks once and my coffee mug said-
"dogs are the new kids"
Not at my house - although, Mazi is pretty spoiled.

Sharing with-
Beyond The Picket Fence
DIY Show Off
Funky Junk Interiors - Pet Upcycle

25 comments :

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME/Doublewide Decor said...

Adorable....the dog and the food container!

Kelly said...

How cute!! You did a great job transforming that potato bin into something so stylish and functional at the same time. I love it! That cricut sure does the trick. Little Mazi is soooo cute too!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Love the dog food storage! Mazi is so cute. I think dogs might be the new kids--my daughter keeps giving me granddogs and no human ones :)

Dewena Callis said...

That sweet face! I've been wondering how Mazi is doing. Totally loved, I'm sure, in spite of housebreaking duty. Beautiful feed box, beats the old green can we keep our in!

NanaDiana said...

Cute, cute, cute. That Mazie is so cute she looks like a prop! xo Diana

Katie said...

Oh my goodness. How cute is that? She isn't spoiled at all and she's cute as a button.

Unknown said...

Holly that is super cute!! I am wanting to get a Cameo to play with.

Bliss said...

So does the Little Miss M eat like a thimble full at a time?

Bliss

Kate said...

Very cute idea!!
If you're still having issues with potty training, I'm a dog trainer and would be happy to send you some tips. You can reach me on my website www.pawsitive-dog.com.
Kate

Joy said...

What kind of dog is Mazi? She is soooo cute!

Carol said...

Just adorable, Holly, and the pet food bin is really cute, too! I'm a new follower after discovering your blog over at Kim's WOW us party.

Carol

Mary Ann said...

I love this whole idea! Just may steal it!

Mary Ann said...

I love this whole idea! Just may steal it!

Pendra said...

Your feed container is adorable and a great idea for storing all Mazi's treats! What a little button, she is just soooooo cute!! Maybe Hannah and Mazi could have a play date... My kids are grown and have families of their own now, so Hannah pretty much is the only "kid" on this block!
hehehe!
Hugs,
Pendra

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Oh my, adorable! And I like the dog food bin too ;).

The Bold Abode said...

Oh, Holly! Ignore those boys (I do all the time)... It's fantastic!!!

Designed Decor said...

That is one adorable dog! I want one! Great job on the food bin!


DeDe@DesignedDecor


Anonymous said...

What a great idea! And I gotta tell you, Mazi might well be the cutest little thing I have ever seen!! (Please don't tell my "babies" or my "granddogs" that I said so, but she is just so darn precious!"

ImSoVintage said...

Seriously???? Is that dog real. I have never seen a cuter puppy.....oh love the food bin :)
xo
Laura

blesid thrifter said...

Your attention to every single detail never ceases to amaze me! Your pup Mazi LOVES her new food container... I can just tell! She is posing by it with a sweet furry smile... who wouldn't??? My cricut has been collecting dust. Guess it is time to pull that baby out along with the duct tape! Great idea!!! xoxo jules

Leslie Harris said...

Holly I'm in love with Mazi and it's too cute how you put her next to her new food bin and took a photo. Alright. Looks like I've added potato bins to my list the next time I go to shopping at my favorite antique store. I want one of these for Stella.
Leslie (aka Gwen Moss)

reFresh reStyle said...

Mazi is such a doll :) She looks like a great model too. Of course I'm asking myself why I didn't think if this. I have seen several of these and walked on by.
Have a great weekend!
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Does anyone know Mazi's breed? Adorable!

galih pamungkas said...

Gifts I loved your blog post.Really looking forward to read more.

Katarina said...

How lovely! That doggie is such a cutie! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...