February 16, 2013

Bill Pay Board

Keeping our bills organized is my job these days.
So I made this easy bill organizing board to help me out.


It is a tall skinny cork~chalkboard that hangs inside the coat closet.
I had these round cork boards that I bought for $1 at Job Lots last year.
They had a super ugly pattern on them so I painted them white. Applied vinyl words at the top of each. Painted them with chalkboard paint, then removed the vinyl words. That gave me a label for my bill categories.
I used some scrap wood to attach them together by drilling a pilot hole on each side of the wood and cork board. Drilled in a screw to attach them in a row. I used D rings and framing wire to hang it.
I used one screw at the top of the door center to hold it in place.
(the burlap you see behind the screw holds my mirror on the other side of the door)
Added a muslin bow over the framing wire at each side.
That was it.
Our bills are mostly on auto pay but I am still a "check it off the list" kind of girl.
When the bill comes I have a place to put it and make a note to myself about the due date/pay off..etc.. 
Then I can close the coat closet door and forget about it!
Paying bills isn't fun but at least this helps me keep them organized.
I like making organization boards...CLICK HERE to see more.

14 comments :

pballard said...

Great idea. I am trying to get organized to on paying bills.. My husband is getting involved and coming up with some idea's. So happy!

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

That is gorgeous! I don't know about the bill paying part Holly but the design and the round chalk boards with the old wooden sides is awesome!
Susan

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

That is a cute piece and I can see it for so many uses.

chateau chic said...

Great idea and way to stay on top of things when you're running a household.
Mary Alice

NanaDiana said...

What a cute and good idea. I love it and you did a wonderful job on it- xo Diana

Cozy Little House said...

You have some of the neatest ideas!
Brenda

Patty Sumner said...

Holly, you always have the most beautiful ideas..love your "bill pay" board...I also love that it is hidden in the closet behind the pharse.."happy". Love all your home ideas... Blessings!

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

And to think I'm using a day planner, Holly! : ) This is a cute and easy viewing way to see what is due and when.

Christine Vandormolen said...

way cool Holly. Now that is a door with a statement...
btw I saw your pin on our President and some of the mean comments...especially that lady that wrote she lost some respect for you..now that is just mean...I hope you didn't take it personal. Really people like that aren't even worth the energy to get upset over!

reFresh reStyle said...

Love it. I hate paying bills, but this would make it so much easier! Great idea!
Debbie

Lynn@ The Vintage Nest said...

thanks so much for adding me Holly to google plus. Now I can visit and comment...so glad. Or I would have missed this clever and adorable project. Love it. :)

Bliss said...

Annnnnndddd, this one gets pinned to my chalkboard board.

Bliss

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Great idea! I am also a check it off the list kind of girl.

~Shanon

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

So cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...