March 14, 2013

Recycled Boxwood for a Wreath

I plucked my old cone shaped boxwood to fill my porch urns.
There was enough left over for this wreath.

Each little bunch of leaves is attached with wire to a wooden pick. It was really easy to pull each one from the foam cone and stick them into the hay wreath. I left the plastic wrap on the hay because I will need to spritz my preserved leaves once in a while to keep them fresh.
I poked an 'S' hook through the hay for easy hanging.
The new {old} wreath looks nice on the inside of our entry door.
A few years ago I paid $79.99 for the cone shaped topiary at TJMax - without a pot.  I knew it was a good deal because the preserved boxwood topiaries that I had my eye on at the time were really pricey.
I think I have gotten my moneys worth.
Two filled urns and now a lovely wreath.
Recycled, Reused....Resourceful and Pretty.
If you like wreaths as much as I do - see THIS POST.

12 comments :

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

The cone topiary lives on . Yet another beauty harvested from it's bounty. Looking at my poor boxwood shrubs with a greedy eye!! The wreath is so full and lush. Well done you Holly!!
Hugs, Gee

debi rosin said...

Holly ! Its beautiful. . . I
heck ya you got your moneys worth. . . that wreath alone would be as much as you paid for the topi. Good job. . . Happy Spring to ya. . .

NanaDiana said...

GREAT idea! Wow- What a wonderful looking wreath that made!!!! xo Diana

chateau chic said...

You've definitely gotten your money's worth!! You've repurposed your boxwood beautifully, Holly.
Mary Alice

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Great idea to reuse the boxwood! It all looks great.

Kelly said...

I love everything you've made out of your old topiary! You made it go far. Yes, those evergreen wreaths and potted plants are expensive. That was a great idea to reuse the stems into other projects!

Sally LoveOfHomes said...

You are so creative! I love your whole porch too!
Sally

Susan @ homeroad.net said...

Well you certainly got your money's worth out of that tree! Another beautiful project Holly!
Have a great weekend!
Susan

Pendra said...

Holly it's so funny you did this post today...I'm going out this afternoon looking for a boxwood wreath! I've been working on a chalkboard and want to hand a wreath over it...wonder where I got that from??? Love that you work with what you have and re-use, re-do and re-make! You are a BIG inspiration to me!
Hugs,
Pendra
p.s. I have a pic of Hannah in her camo coat at my place...come visit!
http://www.pendrasplace.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-day-at-spa.html

Cynthia said...

Great wreath, I love anything boxwood.

Cynthia

Mary Ann said...

You most definitely got your money's worth! I think the wreath looks great.

Christine Vandormolen said...

yayyyyy, more boxwood projects...Pinning

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...