Nov 21, 2013

Rustic & Natural Candle Box

These candles are from the dollar store. I cut out numbers with a Cricut on sticky vinyl and made them look a little less generic.


A while ago I made this simple box with scrap wood. Painted it white but to give it some age I dribbled some glue on it and sprinkled cinnamon on those areas.
A rusty color but not enough.
 Then I dry brushed on antique gold acrylic paint.
It ended up looking like this. See how I didn't even miter cut the corners?
The antique gold was just what it needed.
My boys have a huge collection of sticks and I also went outside to the trail behind our home and found some thicker branches that were on the ground. I used my miter saw to cut them down at random sizes.
Placed the candles in first and plopped the sticks in nice and snug.
I love to bring in natural elements from our own backyard.
The pine cone wreath was an after Christmas clearance find at Target last year.
Candles and branches - that was an easy and pretty way to fill up my homemade box.
Rustic and Natural

14 comments :

NanaDiana said...

That's a really cute idea. I love things that combine rustic with light. You hit it just right- xo Diana

Christine Vandormolen said...

Cute...oh no wait, I mean KA-UUUUTE.....great ideas as always!!!! I painted a chalk board for my living room last weekend, would love for ya to check out my latest blog psot when you get a chance and tell me what you think.....xoxoxo

must love junk said...

Love this! So cute and creative :)
Susan

Debbiedoos said...

You had me at rustic..these are awesome Holly!!!!!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your candles and the box is fabulous. What a clever idea. Hugs, Marty

Custom Comforts said...

Very pretty and woodsy. Love the natural look.
Cindy

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Beautiful and rustic. Perfect with the wreath.

Katie Mansfield said...

I love that you made the box and I love dollar tree candles. Cute, cute wreath.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

That is very nice! I want to try that cinnamon trick. Clever!

Cynthia said...

Holly great project, love it! And great wreath you got last year!!

Cynthia

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Love the box you made, Holly! Simple and rustic it suits the décor you added in, too. The numbers on the candles are a nice addition to dollar store candles. I love those candles and this is another great way to dress them up.

BlueClearSky Elizabeth said...

Love it! That would be great after the holidays too.

Bliss said...

Love it. Love the combo of the white with the natural elements.

Sherry Thecharmofhome said...

Great idea.
Sherry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...