Dec 15, 2013

Down to Earth Holiday Home 2013

Welcome!

There is not much room for words in this post because I'm filling it with photos of my home all decked out for the holidays.
  
I can over decorate sometimes but if you are looking for that...this will not be your favorite Christmas home but I did make most of our decor this season. :)
Foyer
 
Living Room (we meant to put a tree in here but the twigs will have to do)
Foyer going to the kitchen and family room
Our kitchen gets one little snowman on the shelf.
Family Room before we really decked it out.
Then we added stockings and a few more little accents.
The tree is full of old decorations and ornaments the kids have made over the years.
I shoved (and I mean shoved) the tree base into our blanket basket.
The mantel is full of electronics..... :-/
My son loves nutcrackers (they are scary like clowns to me, but...). Ben shared some of his collection for the whole family to enjoy this year. (We just met Karla Steinbach the other day - she was here from Germany signing her handcrafted nutcrackers...Ben has two of them, he was so excited).
(muddy paws...ugh)
Stairs
Our Bedroom
Thank you for coming by for our Christmas tour.
But beware, you might get a kiss on the way out.
The best part of decorating for the holidays, or any time of year, is the way a home feels when it is given some love. The smells and sounds during the holidays are so comforting. My photos don't even come close to revealing the feel of our home. But I know that if I get the feel of it right for my family, that's when it's perfect...
(for our style of real living, I mean).
We wish you all a very Merry Christmas, from our home to yours!
xo

Sharing at these great link parties:

24 comments :

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Holly,
You home looks wonderful and I think that you plenty of holiday decorating. I think your porch is my fav. Hope to see ya at my Christmas Home Tour Party on the 16th.

Blessings,
Linda

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

Holly, your home looks so pretty all decked out for Christmas. Thanks so much for sharing it with us. Love all the decorations.
Have a Very Merry Christmas.
Mary

awal.ny said...

I think you home is beautiful. Every square inch has your special touch on it and that is what makes it special for you and your family. Merry Christmas. Alaina

Jennifer Wolfe said...

I really love the simple style for Christmas or anytime! I used to over decorate too, now I love the much simpler and nature themed decor!!
Jenn

Clotee S said...

Thank you for this home tour. You have beautiful house. It's feel like I'm visiting your house right now.

Merry Christmas and Best Wishes for a Happy New Year!
Bring you Good wishes of happiness.

Sorry for greeting you earlier,, just don't want miss saying this.
By the way, I'm Clotee. It's my first time visiting your blog. I am blogger too, and now try my best luck to open an e-shop. Nice to know you.

Regards,
Clotee

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

I just love your home/style..I always love looking at your pics. Your home looks beautiful for the holidays too.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh wow, I love everything. Your porch is fabulous and everything inside is stunning. Your style is so inviting and so lovely. Great Christmas decor. Hugs, marty

Susan Lloyd said...

as I always say, love your style. so, do you know where you got your covers for the large chair and sofa? thanks

pballard said...

Beautiful things, beautiful home, beautiful blog. Thanks for inspiring me.

chateau chic said...

I love the warmth and love of your home! So uniquely yours; So perfect!!
Mary Alice

Christine Vandormolen said...

I was just wondering....is it possible to run out of pins here???? LOL.....LOVE IT HOLLY....I think Nutcrackers are scary too!!!!

Cheryl Thornton said...

Holly - your home is lovely no matter the season...I am a fan of nutcrackers just like your son...but I decided not to put them out this year...it was time to change things up - great tour - Happy Holidays!!

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

Pendra said...

It's festive, cozy, beautiful and so you! I am a HUGE over doer (is that even a word?) but this year our family had been living with us for 4 months while their new home was finished and they just moved out before Thanksgiving. Needless to say I emptied out 3 rooms for them and kitchen cupboards, bathroom shelves, closets, etc. and still have empty rooms, an over packed and stuffed basement and NO energy to deal with it all. So I went VERY simple with Christmas décor... but it feels just right for me this year!!
Holiday Hugs,
Pendra

lynn said...

so festive and cozy looking, holly!
enjoy your beautiful spaces, and merry christmas to you!

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

Holly, it all looks so beautiful and cozy. xo Laura

sweetvintageofmine said...

Evening Holly, Your home is so beautiful inside and out! Your family room is my favorite! For some reason though, I enjoy decorating the outside more than the inside...I like a traditional Norman Rockwell feel on the outside and yours is stunning!!

Kelly said...

I think your home looks so pretty in all of its holiday splendor! It was fun to get the full house tour all in one post. I got a good sense of how it flowed. I love your cute red and white stockings hanging off the mantel. I love all of your wooden rustic touches throughout your home too. I think it stands out since it's repeated in so many rooms. That gives it your signature look.

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

so beautiful! i love your bedroom so much! :) and i love the rustic simplicity of it all- fabulous job!

Debbiedoos said...

Oh Holly you always blow me away! Loved your Holiday home tour. Just beautiful!!!!!!!!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Simply perfect!! I love it all...but those light up presents caught me at the front door :)

Melanie said...

You have an absolutely beautiful home. Love the touches of Christmas decor everywhere - so inviting, beautiful, and comfortable.

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

It all looks beautiful and you know I'm enjoying it because it's sure not happening here!

Amy Kinser said...

The outside and inside of your home are just beautiful. I always love all of your details. Thanks for sharing.

Diane said...

Love your home at Christmas, so cozy and inviting. Beautifully done.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...