Dec 3, 2013

Paper Whites

I went to one of our local grocery stores the other day and found these paper whites for a good price at about $6 for a pot of probably six bulbs or so.



I put them on our table with some pine cones and candles that sit upon two rustic 2x4's.
Every time I pull out the camera , Mazi starts posing. Too bad she always looks so 'disheveled'.
The Rosemary from my garden was a little dry so I traded the herb out for the new bulbs.
The Rosemary in the jars are doing great but the ones in the urn were dying. Luckily I used a lot of it for Thanksgiving cooking.
I was looking through the Christmas decorations and found this berry garland.
I wrapped it around the urn.
I like the way it looks on my checkered table top.
I have had good luck growing these seasonal bulbs in tall glass vases with the bulbs submerged in water. We will see how well they do here in this soil.
I am hoping they will be in bloom for Christmas or just before.
 
Do you like Paper Whites?

Sharing with: Funky Junk Interiors

16 comments :

Debra Oliver said...

They're perfect in that wonderful urn, the berry garland just sets it off beautifully!!

Stacey said...

That urn is so pretty wrapped with the red berry garland. Love it!

Kelly said...

So glad that you found some paperwhites! I think that's a good price. I bought bags of bulbs and it ended up being about a dollar per bulb. They're so pretty in that urn!

pballard said...

Boy oh boy I need some paperwhites. Lovely!

Cheryl Thornton said...

Holly - they look wonderful in that urn! I really love the berries you added as well!

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

chateau chic said...

Even though I don't have any, I enjoy everyone else's in blogland! I'm sure yours will be beautiful at Christmas.
Mary Alice

Nicki Parrish said...

They look beautiful the way you styled them!

Laurie said...

I love paper whites, and your display is so beautiful. I wish I could grow them, but I have cats that eat any plant I put in the house, real of artificial!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

Love the way you styled it too with the pinecones and candles.

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

Loving the whole natural look you've got going on. The urn, berries, pinecones, paperwhites...just a beautiful vignette!

Becky M said...

I feel like our pup does that too - he's such a ham!!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

I love paper whites! I've never tried to force them myself, but always thought that they were so beautiful! Maybe somebody around here is selling them. I'd love to have some for this Christmas. Your room looks gorgeous and Mazie is such a cutie! Hugs, Leena

Cynthia said...

I really like paperwhites and this was going to be the year I tried them but with move it isn't going to happen. Next year in the new house for sure. I love what you have done with them in this pretty urn all wrapped in pretty Christmas vine. Mazie is so cute it is unbelievable!!

Cynthia

Christine Vandormolen said...

Mazi having bad hair days??? She is adorable! love your paper whites on teh table along with everything else!

must love junk said...

I really love that urn with the berry garland and pinecones-so pretty! And Mazi is adorable! :)
Susan

Lawanna Brown said...

Holly, I have always loved Paper Whites, but never think far enough ahead to enjoy them for Christmas. You will have to let me know when I should plant them. love ya, mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...