Oct 2, 2014

Hydrangeas in a Glass Canister

I actually cleaned my kitchen last night before we all went to bed so when I walked down the stairs this morning the breakfast nook looked so pretty with flowers in the center of our rustic table.

I tried to capture some of that fresh look to share with you. Turns out I couldn't capture it (or wouldn't, I should say), 
See!?!?

You know I haven't blogged as much since I got my new camera (Nikon D3100) last year? I hate it. I am not patient enough to adjust aperture, ISO, change lenses...blah, blah, blah. I don't want to!
Once I realized how complicated good photography is - I became slower at getting blog posts out. I like projects, I like being creative but I do not love photography. Blogging is a fun hobby but photography skills are really helpful in making a blog beautiful, and I am not patient enough to acquire those skills today.  

But...my family is busy with football, cross country and orchestra  and I am loving that my boys are still sort of little.
See.....
That's Luke ready to throw a living fish at me.
Yup....and there's Ben being super gentle with his fish.
Silly boys!

Anyhoooooo - a big hello and hugs to you!
xo

9 comments :

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Hello Holly.
Glad to know I am NOT thenonlym8nenwith no patience for photography. I have a photography student that in work with for my blog photos and my Gee shoots. He gets the practice and gets to use my photos and I get pretty shots of me and my home :)When he's busy, I use my phone. Hahahaha... I know.. not very 'blogger' of me. But it's the truth.
Glad you are enjoying your lads. It's as it should be.
Ok... of to work on my commissioned piece.
Hugs, Gee

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Me either but I only blog as a hobby! I just got Photoshop and now have to Learn that too!

Love your hydrangeas.

NanaDiana said...

Oh- Yeah- Not sure if I would have the patience for a "big girl" camera. This way I can blame my crappy pictures on my poor old point and shoot. Love the pictures of the boys. They are too cute!
Have a great day- xo Diana

Cheryl Thornton said...

Nice to find this post in my inbox today - I missed your posts over the summer...photography is not my thing either, in fact I just use a point and shoot Canon Power Shoot digital camera...and pray that Pic Monkey can work it's magic!!

Cheryl @ The Creative Me and My McG

chateau chic said...

Does your camera have an automatic setting for novices...like me too? And then, of course, photoshop is very helpful. I so relate to frustration on the mechanical front.
Mary Alice

Patty Sumner said...

Don't you just love to wake up to a clean house... I keep waiting for little men to clean mine during the night but doesn't happen...lol I love taking pics. I do not understand all about the do's and don'ts. I just take it as it is.... Love the hydrangeas... just perfect on your table. Your boys are to cute.. Blessings!

Christine Vandormolen said...

Hi amiga, maybe you did not catch the best lighting in the kitchen, but I noticed the hanging lantern above the table. Super cute idea!!!! Your boys look fun!!! Hugs back!!

Katie Mansfield said...

I know what you mean. How about just going back to your old camera? I don't hate the photography part but I'm over worrying about photo quality.
It's so much work getting a perfect picture.
Enjoy your cute, cute boys.

Cynthia said...

Holly your boys look happy and no throwing fish at mommy. I'm not patient either. Truth, my hubby takes most of my pictures. I'm love creating and writing. The hydrangea look great

Cindy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...