Oct 22, 2014

It's My Fall Porch... Lately

I actually have a fun porch to decorate for different seasons but I haven't taken advantage of that... lately.

All I could muster up this year was this spool table, one pumpkin and some dry hydrangeas.
Some of my neighbors have gorgeous mums adorning their porch stairs. I just pulled out a candle, an old pot, my thankful pumpkin, some sweet mini pine cones and tiny faux pumpkins.
So far the ficus tree has been holding on out here with the lower temperatures. They are finicky trees....I am looking for a good, moist and sunny spot for them (I have two) inside for the winter.
Notice that I have changed the doors all back to original color? No, I don't think it is more charming this way...I am just getting ready to return this place back to it's original state, just in case we move (there is always a long, complicated story there......).
Last year I picked up this wreath on clearance at Target. Some of the bay leaves had fallen off so I filled the whole wreath in with faux twigs.
I wish I had more to share....this year I have been taking it easy with decorating and creating. I should get busy! 
Actually, I am busy making things. I just rented a space to sell my creations in a new store in town. I will fill you in on that another day.  I also took a job decorating a house of a friend close by. More on that another time, too, It's exciting!
Well, happy fall decorating and have a super fun weekend!

12 comments :

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

:) My stoop, no front porch here, is bare. Hahaha... I did put a wreath on the storm door though, and added some faux pumpkins and fall leaves. I was sweeping the stoop today and thought, how sad. Maybe I'll add something tomorrow ... or the next day... or the next.
Congrats on the job and the shop!
Hugs, Gee

Little Farmstead said...

Your post was like a breath of fresh air - - because every season is so different. Certain years we go all out, others we do best to simplify! :) Exciting news about your space and the decorating job. Thank you for visiting LittleFarmstead! ~julie

Patty Wiles said...

Your porch is lovely Holly. Congratulations on your upcoming space, that's exciting! and your decorating job. Thank you for visiting with me and following :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Hi Holly,
I love your front porch. Sometimes simple and easy is the best. It is great you could gather things you have to decorate. Congrats on your design job and the new shop space. Sounds exciting.
Kris

Kelly said...

Sounds like you have some exciting things going on in your life right now. Does your husband have a job that causes him to move a lot? I bet that's a pain to have to get the house back in it's original color scheme before moving. I know it's fun to have a porch to decorate for the holidays. We sit up on a hill, so most of my stuff doesn't show up from the street. But I have a lot on each side of my front door. You just don't see it until you walk up the stairs.

chateau chic said...

Your porch definitely says "welcome fall."
I'm so excited to hear that you're selling in a new shop...hope we get to see pictures.
Mary Alice

Robin Johnson said...

Like you, my front door decor it very minimal this year too!

I think your fall additions are very pretty and festive looking.

Cynthia said...

Hi Holly I think your front porch looks great and congrats on the space you're getting. Can't wait to hear more about it and see what you're working on. I'm working on painting projects and it takes longer since I have to do things in stages with my health. I feel like people are never going to have interest in my blog. It was great to see Mazi posing as usual

Cindy

Laura said...

I know exactly what you mean.
It feels good to keep things simple in one area , in order to focus on other areas of life.

It sounds like you have exciting projects in the works!

Laura
White Spray Paint

Lawanna Brown said...

Holly, Your porch is always so darling and festive during the holidays. Those spools come in so handy and they are so durable. Just store them in a corner of your yard and pull them out when needed. Simple is very attractive and eye catching. A splash of color brings it all together. Looking forward to posts on how the deco turns out with your new job. love ya, mom

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

I think your house looks perfect!! I wish I wouldn't have bought mums this year...I have been busy and keep forgetting to water them! Have fun with your new space to sell. I wish I lived closer so I could come and shop :)

wanderlust designs said...

Love the porch
Good luck on your new adventures!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...