Nov 21, 2014

Burlap & Muslin Knot Wreaths

Burlap adds such a great natural texture to almost any decor. Cutting it? It's a mess! I'd rather work with muslin fabric.
So when I wanted to make burlap wreaths, I decided to make them with Burlap and Muslin together.

This is a square frame made with branches and twine then wrapped and tied in burlap at each corner and muslin strips fill the sides. Jingle bells dangle in the center.
This next one is an old vine wreath that was a little "lack luster".
I tied 12 x 1 inch muslin strips around the back and then about seven strips around the whole wreath for a stripe effect.
Simple double knots.
I love the contrast of light flowing fabric with dark natural vine.
The next one is a version of the same as above only using muslin and burlap together.
I alternated 5 strips of burlap and 5 strips of muslin and tied a burlap bow in the center.
Muslin, Burlap, Vine and Jingle Bells...
Neutral with great texture and easy to make.
Enjoy your weekend -  T.G.I.F.
see more about wreath HERE.

10 comments :

Christine Graves said...

Thats beautiful.....love it!

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love anything will burlap! So pretty, Holly!

Stacey said...

That turned out really pretty. :)

White Lace and Promises said...

These are great! I tried this on my own one time and didn't think it was good enough. I see yours and I love them. I guess we are always more critical of ourselves. Think I'll try it again.

Cozy Little House said...

Very cute! Love the combination!
Brenda

Junkchiccottage said...

So pretty Holly. Love the rustic bells you added too.
Love these.
Kris

Cynthia said...

Holly this turned out great and love the jingle bells. So happy you are back

Cindy

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I love the combination of the two, Holly. xo Laura

mamallg said...

I love the jingle bells. I've been looking for some like those. Where can I get those?

Robin Johnson said...

cute, cute, cute. The jingle bells are a nice touch!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...