Nov 19, 2014

Make Wooden Christmas Gift Box Decor

Don't you love the look of Christmas presents under the tree? It's so exciting to wonder what is in each special package.

Last year I made some wooden gifts for our front porch and the twinkle lights inside were a festive and fun welcome.
This year I used wood lattice from the home improvement store to let the twinkling lights shine through.
This small gift has a stripe effect on two sides, solid on two sides and a lattice top. The bottom of each box is open for stringing lights inside. Just wind the strand up into a ball about the height of your gift box and tie it with twine so it stays then dangle them from a little hook on the bottom side of the top. (?)
The tall, skinny gift is painted with a stripe pattern and lattice on two sides.
The colors coordinate and the heights are staggered so they make a super cute trio . I think putting garden burlap underneath like a tree skirt would be the best way to display them that way the burlap will hide the electrical cords.
If you'd like to see last years gift post with more instructions on putting a wooden box together go here.
For more holiday inspiration visit this page.

I can't believe Thanksgiving is in one week. Hope you have some wonderful plans with family and friends. 
Stay warm!

9 comments :

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

These are all beautiful, Holly. What a great way to light up a front porch. xo Laura

NanaDiana said...

Those are so so so cute, Holly! What a fun thing on a front porch...or anywhere for that matter. Now---if I can only work up some ambition. xo Diana

Kelly said...

I love how those turned out! That is so clever.

Deb Hrabik said...

I definitely have to keep those in my DIY file! What a nice welcome on your porch,
Deb

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

Still love this idea Holly!! Using the lattice this year was a great idea!

Laurel@ChippingwithCharm said...

PS...I just realized I have some lattice plant stands from a garage sale by my shed! They are ready to go...just need lights and bows! Thanks so much...I am inspired!!

Lawanna Brown said...

Holly, fun, fun, fun, what more can I say. Who wouldn't have a welcoming feeling as they enter your beautiful home with such unique décor. Lattice or chicken wire, either looks great. Homemade gifts and décor are the best. Have doing both. See ya on Thanksgiving. love ya, mom

Pendra said...

Soooo CUTE! Where on earth do you keep coming up with these adorable projects?! I can just see these on your always gorgeous porch! I don't have a front porch (WANT one though), but we use the back deck more, letting Hannah out regularly so I tend to decorate there more, these would be sooo cute and I'm pinning them for a future project.
Hugs!!!

Emily, Our house now a home said...

These are beautiful! So creative, I have never seen something like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...