Nov 2, 2014

Nosey Neighbor Kitchen Redo #2

Several months ago I posted about my neighbors kitchen redo (#1 HERE). I am sharing the finished kitchen with you...finally.


Here are some before and afters.....
This home was built in the early 2000's. The high counter top was originally installed with the maple cabinets and formica counter tops. Since the flooring was going to be replace and possibly new counter tops, I poked my big nose into this situation.
 It was prime time to re-situate this kitchen layout.  After the counter top was removed we took the end cabinet shown in the left before photo and made a kitchen island out of it (tutorial HERE).
The pony wall that supported the high bar overhang was removed.
The owner straightened the peninsula out. No major plumbing was required because the sink stayed in the same place. I wrapped some bead board around the back and side of the cabinets to go with the new mobile island. The owner relocated the electrical outlets.
To support the new granite counter tops we applied some wooden corbels along the back and end.
The owners got new floors, counter tops, appliances and tile back splash.
It really looks amazing....
 I think it functions for this family of "little" girls much better, too.
Pretty floors...
I like to poke my nose in where it belongs... =/
Thanks Jen and AJ!

Sharing with Mod Vintage Life

3 comments :

Katie Mansfield said...

It looks like they have tons more room. Great job. You are a sweet neighbor to poke your head in.

Junkchiccottage said...

Holly,
What a beautiful job they did with the kitchen. It looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.
Kris

Lawanna Brown said...

Holly, how beautiful. I've heard you talk about the project, but to actually see it is amazing. I hope your neighbors are grateful for your interest in their remodel job. I know that it's just you and your good heart. You are wonderful and I don't say that just because you are my daughter. love ya, mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...