Dec 7, 2014

Little Tree on the Porch

Do you love little candles on a Christmas tree? I think the idea is so super sweet but, of course, who could keep them lit up? 

Last year I bought some at a quaint little Christmas shop. The silver bases clip to the tree branches and the white candles fit into them perfectly.
I couldn't resist this small live tree while walking into a store the other day. The scent of pine is so fresh. The wreaths on the porch (in progress) are real this year, too.
I don't know about you but I am so slow getting my house all decorated for the big day this year. I try to share every little corner that I do get done here on the blog...and watching other bloggers complete and share projects is so inspiring.
Keeping our home decor simple is what I have been trying to do lately. Taking things down and getting rid of so much. So bringing in the Christmas decor - kind of goes against that. When life feels complicated, I simplify my surroundings. I think that's how I try to stay balanced. 
I remember Christmas being so magical when I was growing up. My parents seemed to have it all together. Baking for the neighbors, choosing a family or two to do the twelve days of Christmas for, huge Christmas parties with even our second cousins, visiting Temple Square to see the lights and they shopped for six kids.Whew! I fail in comparison. Sometimes I'd rather be a kid again.
(no, I love being a mom/wife)

Thanks for stopping by today and enjoy your own holiday decorating and traditions.

16 comments :

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

What a sweet little tree and it looks perfect on your porch. I was a little later decorating this year, but I did something for the first time ever...I decorated the entire house in just two days and it feels great (I did cut back on how much I did).

Blessings,
Linda

NanaDiana said...

What a cute little tree for your porch. I have not STARTED yet. I am so far behind after being down for two weeks. Tomorrow is the day I start hauling stuff out. I am not doing nearly as much this year as I have other years. Happy Sunday to you- xo Diana

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love your little tree in your porch. Oh how I miss my porch this season. Yes weren't those days being a kid during the holidays so much fun seemed so much simpler than today,

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love the little tree with the candles, how precious.

Stacey said...

Your porch is amazing. Love the little candles.

You know, you saw your parents from a kid's perspective. I bet they were just as frazzled as you and I are. :)

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

What a sweet little porch tree Holly. Candles just make everything more magical don't they?
Sigh... I was thinking of my childhood Christmases just yesterday..... Bur yes, I so enjoy being a mom, and wife... and of late, a GG :)
Happy today sweet friend.
Hugs, Gee

chateau chic said...

Darling tree, Holly! My kids are on their own now, but I often wonder how I accomplished what I did when they were young. I guess that's a sign of old age...yikes!!
Mary Alice

Leslie Harris said...

Your decorating looks so charming Holly. I'm with you, going simpler this year (trying to at least) and I like your idea. When life gets complicated and busy decorating with a lighter touch makes sense.

Junkchiccottage said...

Your post today just made me smile. So sweet that little tree and love the candles. Your porch is so welcoming.
Thanks for the smiles today Holly. Have a great week.
Kris

angie said...

soooo sweet!!! angie

Kelly said...

I love the little candles on that tree, but like you said, could never walk away and just leave them lit. It certainly has a great old fashioned look to it though. I know I've been touring blog 201land and seeing all the inspiration out there too. It really can be overwhelming. I try to just focus on what I can and then walk away. There's just no way to see it all!

reFresh reStyle said...

Love it all! I need some of those candleholders!
Debbie

Christine Vandormolen said...

love the little tree and candles Holly...I totally stressed myself out this year getting ready for a Christmas Blog Hop. BUT it's all good. I got it done in time. I felt the exact same as you as far as the decor goes. I hardly used anything in the Christmas boxes.....I wanted to decorate with nature and not much else... Once again we have the same thoughts...lol HUGS

srpprcrftr said...

Seems that simple and uncluttered is the thing for this year and I couldn't agree more. After working like crazy to make holiday items for craft show on 13th. I'm kinda worn out. Hubs actually got decorations out so he could do front porch and front yard fence so I got few things out but put more back.
Just seem to need to keep things much less cluttered this year so I can enjoy the holidays. Our house is too small for too much as I've done for many years. Time to unclutter, enjoy what I do put out. I'd love to have small real tree but sheesh they're so expensive here. Have to even pay for cut off branches, really. I love scent of real tree. Don't want to use our 6 1/2 foot faux tree but think it's gonna have to be it this year.
Enjoy your holidays, have a wonderful time.

Katie Mansfield said...

What a sweet tree. I had some of those candle clips but then gave them away. This year I really had wished I'd kept them. I'm sure you are doing many magical things for your boys to make their Holiday memorable and special. Have a fun week.

Ana said...

I know exactly what you mean...feel the same way. Your porch looks lovely Holly.

Hugs,
❤️Ana

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...