Jan 6, 2015

Down to Earth Style 2014 Favorites

Happy New Year!
I am sure glad 2014 is over! Not to be negative or anything but some years are better than others. Right?


I know 2015 is going to be more exciting and successful...I can feel it.
Have you made any resolutions? Well, I haven't yet but maybe I'll start with trying to blog more =)

Here's a recap of the 2014 projects that received the most visitors throughout the year:
#1 -
{Primp} My Primer Distressing Techniques
#2 -
#3 -
Junky Tables and a Baby
#4 -
Family Room Refresh

I am not a 'blog number watcher' so it's fun to check and see which posts received the most traffic at the end of the year. Sometimes I am surprised because the posts I like best are usually different. I will share those another day. (Favorites of 2013 HERE)

I have actually been very busy with projects for my shop space. I moved into a larger area and now have two prime locations in the entrance of the store. One of them has a window and a mantel, the other is right near the check out desk.
Here are a few pictures I snapped this morning...
I mixed my own chalk paint for the first time. To be honest I have been super skeptical about the "no sanding" idea. I still sanded the wood down a little, especially since it is for sale. I want the paint to last.
I am so happy about having a window to decorate around. I used square wall decals from Home Depot to make a diamond accent wall. (this same thing is used in my sister's house HERE)
The store mantel is the best! I can layer items for sale and it's about center on this main wall. It's a great focal point!
This is a Broyhill coffee table that I refinished in black. 
I really liked this end table when I saw it at a thrift shop but the wood was too orange. The creamy white paint and dark glaze enhanced the details that made me love it at first sight.
These are glass storage canisters that I numbered in adhesive vinyl cut with my Cricut using Storybook font.
Having this space to decorate has made me very happy and very busy.
I am looking forward to a successful and fun 2015! I hope you are too!
Thanks for stopping by!

9 comments :

Junkchiccottage said...

Love looking back at some of your favorites. Wishing you a new and creative 2015. I know we will see truly creative and wonderful re loves from you. You go girl!
Kris

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Fun to see your favorites! I've missed a lot since I took a break, but I'll be catching up and keeping up soon!

Kelly said...

You have done a lot of nice projects to your home. I look forward to seeing what you end up doing this year!

Audra @ Renewed Projects said...

ooooh! I love your style, so fresh!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Holly,
Your shop space looks great...love how you have used your window space and that old mantel...happy to hear that you are enjoying being a shop owner.

Blessings,
Linda

Lawanna Brown said...

HOLLY, Your new shop space looks awesome. Love the diamond shapes on the wall, very eye catching. Thanks for sharing the peoples choice posts in 2014. Fun to reminisce about all the fun times sharing those creations. Wonder what will be most popular this year. Looking forward to all that's coming. love ya, mom

srpprcrftr said...

Might have asked you this before, if I did please forgive a forgetful old lady. Do you live in Missoula, MT? If so I envy you so much. Hubs used to drive for Bitterroot Intl. I think it was off Hwy.93. Haven't lived in MT since 1999 so have forgotten a few things. I'd move back there in a heart beat if we could. We lived 24 miles east out of Townsend, on Canyon Ferry Lake, had 20 acres and I could kick us for letting it go. I still miss it so much. When I'd take hubs to work Id go to Ben Franklins', loved that store and one in Helena. No Ben Franklins' in this part of country, western CO. We live few miles west of Grand Junction. When we left MT in 99 we went to western KY where our oldest son lived at time. HE moved back to San Diego after we left KY, he didn't like KY either.
I'd sure love to see your booth. WE used to do lots of vintage/antique shopping.
Happy New Year

Elizabeth BlueClearSky said...

Your shop spaces look great! Great furniture makeovers too. Wishing you all the best in 2015, Holly!

Katie Mansfield said...

Your space looks adorable. Show us more!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...