Mar 27, 2015

Project Challenge Link Up {leather or linen)

At the first of this year I joined a group of bloggers for a monthly event called Project Challenge.

Each month we have chosen a type of material to use in a project to share in a link party. It's fun to see what each blogger does differently. We are opening the link party up to all of you this month to see how you use the chosen item too.
This month our material is Linen or Leather. Your post can be new or old so share with us!

If you read my blog often you'll know that I am not great with fabric, or at least it's not my favorite thing to work with. So when I saw linen or leather on our Project Challenge schedule I panicked a little.

But, low and behold, I was super lucky when I found a linen lampshade at Kirkland's. (rescue!)
I used it in our dining room. Let me show you how I hung it to the already existing light fixture.
See these "S" hooks? I use them all the time and they work perfect to hold my lamp shade level around the silver fixture. Usually the fixture has frosted glass over the bulbs but I change it around all the time now and then.
Each hook lined up pretty much exactly where the support rods are on the shade as it hangs upside down. Yes!
I know that was super lucky to find a perfect match. I have been keeping an eye out for a cylinder shaped shade for months because our light fixture gives off a harsh light without a little cover.
From below you can see the way it was hung but I am thinking of adding a twiggy wreath around the bottom to hide that. What do you think?
.Lamp light is my favorite kind of lighting. It's so soft and calm compared to over head lights.
So there it is....my Project Challenge with Linen. Now you can link up and share yours!


7 comments :

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I am so glad you posted this! I have been wanting to cover one of my light fixtures with a shade, but had no idea how to get it to stay on there! Now I know! Your light fixture looks great!

Jill Flory said...

Great job Holly! Love that you found a linen shade that worked just when you needed a linen project!

Larissa Prodigal Pieces said...

Wow! It looks like it came with it...what a great makeover! Great job, Holly.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

I love how you hung this shade--what a great update!!

kendi modaniz said...


çok güzel gerçekten
kadın giyim,elbise,abiye,kıyafet, tunik,elbise,
bayan ceket,takı aksesuar,kolye,otantik kolye,etek,sexi iç giyim,sexi çamaşır,
yüzük,fantezi iç çamaşır,
takı,gümüş küpe,günlük elbise,fantezi kıyafetler, gömlek,uzun elbise,
bayan ceket,takı aksesuar,kolye,otantik kolye,etek,uzun tunik,sexi kostüm,
yüzük,fantezi iç giyim,

Kelly said...

Again you are so clever! Love how that looks.

Carol said...

This is a great idea! I've thought about doing something like this, but wasn't sure how to do the attaching & all. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...