Apr 15, 2015

Wood Trellis Clip Board w/ Wire Accent

The garden center in the spring time is one of my favorite places to go. The outdoor bird feeders, planters and live plants bring hope for warm weather and some fun outdoor living.

I like to wonder the isles looking for items to use in unique ways.Today I am sharing how I made this simple little board to organize notes, receipts, photos etc..
The wood trellis shown above can be purchased for around $14. I detached the two pieces and used one side for the following project.
I cut off the ends and painted the wood white. Then stapled chicken wire to one side. I don't know if you can see this well in the above picture or not but where the sharp ends of the cut wire are I covered them in white duct tape so there are no sharp points to scratch walls or fingers. 
At AC Moore were these large wood clips for $1 each. I stained them dark.
The wood clips are nearly the same width as the trellis slats. The wood ends that were cut from the trellis made perfect spacers to stack in between the cross beams and made a sturdy support for screws to go through.
1 1/4 inch wood screws drilled in from the back hold the clips and center board in place (2 per clip).
What would you do with something like that? 
I don't know about you but I am always trying to keep stuff off the kitchen counters and having clips near by is an easy way to tidy up but still keep random papers like mail, receipts, school notes or even cute photos close by until I am ready to file them away, frame them or throw them out.
Maybe I need this in my office...I let my receipts pile up for nearly a month before I get around to book keeping (I'd rather create).

Enjoy your week!
You can view my last chicken wire project HERE.

3 comments :

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I love this Holly. I have a clipboard that I made from a tobacco stick picket fence that I use over my desk. xo Laura

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

Very cute Holly, I love those ginormous paper clips!

Kelly said...

I like your homemade message board. I actually bought one like that and it is hanging on the side of my refrigerator. It came with little clothespins too. I love it! You were smart to make your own. When I looked at mine I thought it would be easy to replicate.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...