Jul 29, 2015

Gorgeous Kitchens

Are you ready for some EYE CANDY?
{source}


Yes, I am torturing myself as I flip through my Kitchen Pinterest Board. Some people have such super, dreamy food prep spaces! I am trying to imagine my own new space and how to possibly implement the kitchen styles I am drooling over here in this post.
Refrigerator and that cabinet leg!!
I actually love to move just so I can reinvent a new home that is pretty but also easy to live in.
{source}
My family and I are looking forward to relocating closer to our relatives. Ever since my husband and I have had children we have lived nearly 2000 or more miles away from Grandmas & Pas, Aunts, Uncles and cousins.  I can't wait to host family BBQ's and especially have my nieces and nephews over to play. With that said - I don't want to worry about anything too precious being scratched - so I won't include any of that in my decor at this point in my life.
{source}
But I am losing sleep over where I am going to put all my old furniture in the new space. I am so busy dreaming about it that I can't even focus on taking a shower or grocery shopping for my kids. A little OCD never hurt anyone - right? (???)
So we are eating out a lot. :) (my waistline is disappearing quickly). My husband isn't working his old job right now and has not yet started the new one. I have pulled out of the retail space that was my hobby-job also. I think we both enjoy "not working" and the kids have no school so our life is a little strange right this minute. We never know "what the heck" day it is (Utah slang). I am appreciating the down time so much. 
We have been site seeing in places near where we've lived for three years but one of my boys got sick and it's raining outside so I am surfing Pinterest.
One thing I am thankful for this time around as we prepare for our move is that I am NOT selling a house. As much as I have not enjoyed renting, this is a fair pay off with the simplicity of giving a 60 day notice to the property manager and then TNOP! (Spongebob- Totally Not Our Problem).
Gorgeous Design Files   Baby Kisses
Our rental home is all back to original. As I expected, it was super easy to do and I mostly "de-personalized" our home over a year ago. I have sold a lot of our furniture and decor at the local retail shop called The Lazy Daisy in hopes of making our move a little simpler.
High ceilings call for dramatic lighting, and these industrial orbs do not disappoint. Equally impressive: an oversized granite island housing a second sink and "cubby" storage. The overall vibe is functional, yet friendly --
I know my husband doesn't think so but I really have gotten rid of so much (even though we still have an estimated 21,000 lbs of stuff left over to take along).
When the moving surveyor told us that - I was wondering if she was estimating on the high side. Either way, I am thankful for a corporate relocation. If I had to pack and move our junk, I would never ever move again.
Design Manifest: Kitchen Style- Wood Bottoms, White Tops - with subway tile
I wish I could promise myself that this is the last move ever but I like to keep my options open too. 
A beautiful white kitchen - antique island
I love building a new home, not everyone enjoys that because it can be stressful, but to me, watching a house be built to your own selections is amazing.
Kitchen
Are you enjoying the pretty kitchen pictures as I babble? I am just sharing the photos I am adoring as I give a little up date on our move that is taking a little longer than expected.
Vintage Industrial
There are so many amazing ways to decorate. Some of these kitchens are super fancy but a lot of them, especially the rustic island ideas, can be done for not too much money.
wood beam ceiling & hardwood floors along with the cabinet color and no upper cabs by the stove.
I am loving the above photo's cabinet color against the dark wood floors. Do you have a favorite? 
Fireplace in the kitchen....one day!
Even though our home looks nothing like any of these pictures, they spark something inside of me that makes me want to create, clean and get organized.
An open, light, and airy rustic kitchen with painted beadboard walls, wood floors, and clerestory windows
I hope you enjoyed viewing several of my Pins from my kitchen board on Pinterest. You can follow along with me there {HERE} if you like.
brick floor, basket....all
Also, I am hosting a link up party for bloggers and website owners this coming Friday for our Project Challenge. Six bloggers use one common material to create a project to share. We usually come up with completely different ideas even though we have similar taste in design. Our material for July is RECLAIMED WOOD. You must have something to share so stop by here or any of the blogs listed below to link up one to three of your own projects. Your link will show up on all six awesome blogs!
Thanks for stopping by, my friends, and Have a Happy Day!

3 comments :

Kelly said...

I like all of those kitchen pictures. I can see you in one of those! They have a rustic look like I think you like. You're so lucky to have someone else moving you! That will make it less stressful for sure. Can't wait to see pics of your new home.

Simple and serene living Laura Walker said...

It's all so exciting, Holly. Those kitchens are all to die for. xo Laura

Pamela said...

Those are all such amazing inspiration kitchens Holly! Hard to pic a favorite and check out that fridge.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...