Oct 30, 2015

Duck Tape Belt Re-Do ~ Project Challenge

Happy Friday All!
Yes, It's the end of another month! Time sure flies when we are having fun.

It's time for Project Challenge!
Several bloggers and I do a project for each month of the year 2015 with the same material. It can be a challenge to think of something creative to do with a material you are not used to - on demand!

I usually have to be inspired to complete any projects but I think I actually chose this months challenge material....TAPE!

Here's why:
I have been meaning to do this to one of my old belts ever since my original zebra print belt broke (maybe two years ago).

Have you ever gone on vacation and forgot your belt?  Well, one summer I did just that and had to run into a local store to grab a belt to match my black flip flops (in my mind, shoes and belts have to match). I chose a black and white zebra print belt instead of plain black, I ended up loving that belt.

 Once my favorite belt wore out I searched high and low for another one with no success.

Although I don't have a photo of the original one - it actually looked a lot like this printed duck tape. It's so weird that my "emergency" belt ended up being one of my favorite accessories!

I wore it out in no time.
This may seem strange but this tape project turned out great.
Simply cover an old belt on both sides in your desired pattern of duck tape.
Poke through your tape in the fastening holes you use and that's it.


I wear black and white a lot. Kind of like my house - not a lot of color.
There it is - white shirt, jeans and black flip flops. Fancy pants!!! (not at all)  Same look as what I loved and wore out before - (except I am on my last loop here - {cut back on cheese please!)
Did I ACE that challenge or what?

Well, I am up against some pretty creative bloggers but, actually this is really no contest. It's just a fun event to get your (and my own) creative vibes going.

Visit the following links below to see more of what tape can do for you!

Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome weekend!


12 comments :

NanaDiana said...

You DID ACE that challenge, Holly. How cute that turned out!!!! Love it and that was a good idea. I have a granddaughter that is all about Duck Tape and covering things with it. This would be a good project for her, too. xo Diana

Christine Vandormolen said...

Good morning Holly, oh yes the belt is wicked, the entire outfit looks super....And what a surprise to see you blog about fashion (well, sort of) in a way!!!! LUV IT!!!! MUAHHHHH

Michele Alger said...

I am in LOVE with this!! It turned out amazing. Love the pattern you used, it's perfect. I would ask you to send it to me, except, I really doubt that belt would fit me...gotta up the workouts!! LOL

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

What a great way to make an old belt new!

Lucy Auburn said...

The zebra pattern is perfect for a belt. It looks great and is an instant update.

Jill Flory said...

Holly that is awesome! Love the print and the belt looks fantastic!

Kelly said...

Gosh, all of you guys are finding the most creative ways to use tape! I really like your belt. If you had told me that you were going to do this, I would've thought you were crazy. But it looks really good! I will never look at tape products the same way anymore.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

So stinkin' cute!!! I never would have though to do this! And bravo on having a stomach flat enough to wear a belt! I haven't worn a belt in years! :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Holly,
What a clever and cute belt. I am loving this challenge you girls are coming up with some beautiful items.
Happy Halloween. Have a fun week end.
Kris

All Things Big and Small said...

What a great idea! I love the zebra duct tape but only in small doses so that belt is a perfect use of it! So cute!

Annie- All Things Big And Small

Town and Country Gals said...

Holly,
what a great way to give a plain black belt a new look, very cool! You have the perfect, casual outfit, the zebra print really gives the classic white shirt and jeans a very stylish update!
What a fun project challenge!
Off to view the others!
Rebecca

Angie Chavez said...

That is so cute, Holly - Love it and pinning it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...