Nov 13, 2015

Urban Bungalow Tour

Hi! Happy Friday!


I am excited to share this house tour. I have never lived in the city but I wish my husband and I would have done that prior to having kids. We jumped right into suburban living in our 20's. What were we thinking?
I love looking at homes in different cities and in the country. I can find inspiration in pretty much any type of home that I can bring into my own space.
Look at the fun color on the porch steps?  The two pictures above were taken with an ipad and they don't look very clear but the porch is actually painted in green and white diamonds.

This charming bungalow belongs to my brother, so I get to show the inside too.
Look how cool the interior doors and hardware are.
This house was built in 1918. Some features have been updated, like the fireplace mantel.
I like all the frames in the fireplace for a unique design statement.

My brother has a fun decorating style. He is talented in that way and he even cooks, cans vegetables, makes his own wine - which is yummy! I wish I liked to preserve my own fruits and vegetables but I don't even grow them. Maybe next year...
Here is the main family room. There is so much natural light coming in from all sides of this area.
The kitchen is so sweet with the black and white floors and a white vintage stove.
Lots of windows and hanging pots so it looks lived in and comfortable..
Can you see the jars on top of the cabinets? I like cabinet tops used for storage. 
The hall has pretty built in storage.
The bathroom tile is gorgeous and obviously updated but the claw foot tub is really old and in amazing shape.
What fun colors!
Ok, let's see the yard out back.
A separate garage.  I love that look and want one some day.
There are plenty of areas to entertain back here.
And look - even the fire hydrant is charming.
And the tree lined street is my favorite. It reminds me of a show that my kids watch Gortimer Gibbons Life on Normal Street. If you have preteen kids, that is a good and clean show for them to watch.
Well, I hope you enjoyed the tour.

This house is up for sale as of today. It is located in SLC, UT within walking distance to markets, savvy shopping and restaurants.

Thanks for coming in and enjoy your weekend!

You can see Ryan's town home HERE and HERE.

5 comments :

NanaDiana said...

What a great house, Holly. He has done a fantastic job with it- it is "open" looking and fun! I bet it will sell right away. xo Diana

Cozy Little House said...

Where is he moving? I mean, he has the perfect house! Love that vintage stove.
Brenda

Kelly said...

I never lived in the city either. It does look like a nice area there with the older homes and tree lined streets. Usually those areas cost more to live in but you are so close to everything which appeals to younger people.

Zefi said...

Love the kitchen! Thanks for sharing on Funky Junk.

Prairie Kari said...

The minute I walked thru the front door I could totally see the family resemblance - you both have amazing doors - haha! Love the old stove, bathroom tiles, peaked casing above the doors and that Wizard of Oz picture brought a smile to my face!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...