Dec 14, 2011

Tree of Memories

Our Family Christmas Tree 2011...

This tree has ornaments from when I was a little girl.
My grandmother let all the grand kids pick out an ornament every Thanksgiving so we could build up a nice collection for when we had our own tree to decorate.



That was a very sweet family tradition.
Our White Metal Star is going on the top on Christmas Eve.
My boy, Luke, gets the honor this year and he wants to wait
for that special moment.
(it's a good thing he wants to wait because it's missing...?)
My boys had a very special nurse when they were in the hospital as preemie babies.
She gives them a little ornament every year for Christmas.
These ornaments bring back special memories of the days I spent with my kids
 getting ready for the holidays.
We did lots of "arts & crafts" and baking during the long winters.
Each year the ornament "cluster" moves up an inch or two or even three.
(somebody must be about 54 inches tall this year)
The school pictures are adorable....I want to cry. 
Where does time go?
Now that my boys are 9 years old (twins) we still build holiday memories preparing for
 Christmas by going on nature walks to gather vines, berries and branches for our tree.
It brings in a bit of  "nature" to our artificial Christmas tree. 




6 comments :

Kelly said...

Your Christmas tree is so pretty with all of your family keepsake ornaments on it! I think that is so nice that a nurse sends your kids an ornament every year. She obviously cares about the babies she takes care of.

Deidre~ said...

So lovely and homey.I just love everything you do! Thanks Deidre~

Pamela said...

Your tree is precious! The boys have a tree upstairs and we place all of their ornaments from school on there. They love having a tree that is just theirs.

Tyler & Laura said...

You are AMAZING!!!! I absolutely love your taste!!!

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

Your tree is very pretty and I love that it is so full of Christmas memories. The branches and berries are a great addition. I agree that it is hard to believe where the time goes. My boys are turning 13 and 15 in the New Year and my very special nieces and nephew (that I am very close to) are 14, 17 and 18. It just seems like yesterday that they were little ones running around. Wishing you a great week as we lead up to Christmas.

annewalker said...

That is one classy and beautiful tree! The gold and red is especially beautiful. I'd love to do one of these in a formal living room or dining room and then a more colorful one in like the family room. Maybe next year :)

Happy Holidays!
Christmas tree decorating ideas

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...