Jan 10, 2012

Music Room

Our room for music and relaxing...



My husband made these speaker stands out of tree stumps and scrap wood.
So COOL!








I made this burlap two tone knot cloth for the stereo console.
(I do not like to dust)



An old bird cage filled with seasonal pine cones and greenery holds our firewood.


Our home was new when we purchased it 6 years ago.  I added a bit of old charm on the banister by painting and distressing it to look old and worn.


The music room is right off of our foyer.
  Our home is north facing, so to let some light into the front of our living space I exchanged the 6 panel steel door for a 15 lite wooden door.
Then I stained it a dark walnut color and bulked up the trim molding in white.



We love having a music room and good sound.
I don't like the look of electronics, but this room provides a good balance
 of sound equipment and tasteful decor.

Enjoy where you live...

FUNKY JUNK INTERIORS - SNS #114

11 comments :

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a cute room.

Holly said...

K Kim - your new picture is so freakin' cute... good hair! thanks! We are lovin' that room.
Holly

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Great idea! I love that your husband made those and with wood stumps, perfect!
I see you have a cover on your couch. Is it the Pottery Barn ones? I have the same and they come off all the time! It is a leather couch so it just slips away. Do they work well on yours? I am assuming it is cloth under the slipcovers. They look great!

~Shanon

Holly said...

Shanon - it is cloth. That isn't our main sofa where we watch movies. I plan to get real white slips soon but they are $$$$ :)
Holly

aimee said...

i love it. it all looks so beautiful xxx

Samara {The Dressing Room} said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Your home is beautiful and looks so warm, cozy, and inviting all of the things that everyone tries to accomplish.

Samara

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Your room is beautiful! You have created such a wonderful space.
Hugs,
Sherry

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

O.K. So I'm crazy about your home! But I have a question...How's that slipcover work on your sofa? Are you constantly having to fix it? I've got two boys and I consider doing that, but I always wonder if it would be a headache!

Bliss said...

Love it all, but those tree stump stands are my fav! Mr. Bliss would so make something like that, so now I'm looking around to see where I need one or two. Gives a new meaning to tree stands.

~Bliss~

Anonymous said...

Love the curtains. Where did you find them?

katie said...

I had the SAME question!! What are the curtains?! Did you make them? What's the fabric?! I LOOOOOVE your home!!!

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...