Jan 7, 2012

Fun Accents in a Super Cool House

Yup!  It's from Laura's Super Cool House....
Laura hired me a few years ago to help her bring in some funky style
 to her "newish" builder colonial.


It's a painted "rug" in the family room.


This room was cleared of furniture for the New Year Dance Party.



The sofa's are from Restoration Hardware.
You can sleep on them - they are so deep.
The mirror was a cool find at a local store called Venetuccis.
The curtains?  Yes, they are IKEA - $4.99 per set.
I use these a lot because of the flow and gauze type texture.
(but the rods were not such a cheap find - aren't they cool?)


I made these frames to feature the cute little kids.
I added glasses just in case she doesn't want their pictures on the web. :/
There was a long desk area that had a white Formica top.
We covered it in 1x8 pine.  I sanded, stained and distressed each piece.
Then applied it to the top of the Formica to look a little bit like an old wood plank floor.

On the side we applied a vintage iron scroll painted white.
I found an old pillar at a local barn that was torn down.
I cut the pillar into four pieces and used two here to look like legs and
the other two in another area in the kitchen.
Then after it was done - we thought furniture nails would top it off nice.

I applied beaded board to the wall there for a back splash.
This was a new feature that I loved so much that I made
 a little something like it myself.
A burlap knot cloth.
Under this gorgeous burlap cloth is a cool table I made. 
There's a little more to share from this house but that will come another day.
Hope you find some inspiration from these fun photos....
Linky Parties:
Savvy Southern Style - WOW US Wednesday #48
The Shady Porch - Rock & Share #11

8 comments :

Jeannie said...

What a cool room! Is there a tutorial for the floor. It's awesome! I think most people would be scared to do it but It makes the room!

Maxwellhouseinteriors.Blogspot.Com

Artsy VaVa said...

That is a great room!!!

Phyllis@Around the House said...

Thanks for the tip on the floor...sooo cool...Iam a new follower of yours..Happy New Year

britt said...

I love the floor! Wish I could do that to my old floors it would really make my room complete. Your ideas are so inspiring thanks so much for sharing!!

Kammy's Korner said...

Oh my word, Holly, you are fabulous. It's all jaw dropping. I especially love the iron scroll piece you added to the desk area - just WOW.

Pamela said...

Holly! I LOVE this floor. When we redo our stairs I will have to talk the hubster into letting me do this to our landing!

Jeremy Basingstoke said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Claudia Goffe said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...