Jan 19, 2012

Pretty Parsley & Basil

(I should say 'Not So' Pretty Parsley and Basil.)

A week or so ago I planted some herbs in recycled peanut butter jars.
To see that post click here .

Although I did put gravel in the bottoms of the jars for drainage, it wasn't enough.
I needed to relocate the little herbs so they could live - poor things.

Here is what I found at IKEA for $9.99



These cute pots came in a set of two along with the drain tray.
My parsley and basil will be much happier here.




The twiggy vine wreaths are my custom touch.
I used craft wire to hold them together so they won't topple off.

The peanut butter jars got a little makeover too...


I wrapped burlap around the jars and glued it in place with hot glue.
I didn't want to see the stem of the new greenery.

On my visit to IKEA I purchased some artificial greens.
I'm a "live" plant kind of person but I have terrible luck with some of the locations in my home where I want greenery.  Also - I've yet to keep a real topiary alive.
So I do buy fake topiaries.


To fit these in the jars I had to pop them out of the little black container they came in.
Then I placed them in their new home.






Hopefully this works well for the parsley and basil because I am liking this set up a whole lot better...

11 comments :

Adriane said...

Yeah, I could finally click on your blog without that strange pop up! How did you get that burlap to have such a clean line at the top of the jars? Cute stuff!

awal.ny said...

It seems to be the hardest during the winter months to keep the plants healthy. I just made a trip to a favorite nursery for some new ivy. I love having living plants in the home. Good luck with your new pots, Spring is just around the corner.

❀❀❀Ðαωᾔ❀❀❀ said...

Very cute idea, I love how the jars are attached. I have trouble with indoor herbs growing well too.

Bliss said...

Good luck with your herbs. Every spring I plant some in my outside window boxes. And every year I ask myself why I do that since I kill them even when I try hard not too!

~Bliss~

eleven-o-one said...

I think I need to make a trip to IKEA. Everything looks very nice. I mix a few fakes in with my live plants here and there. Most people never know. Love your p-nut butter jars. Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Fran

Kelly said...

You won't get any criticism from me on buying fake plants. I use them all the time! I think there are some very realistic looking ones out there, so go for it! Sometimes live plants can be too much of a challenge. I love what you did with the little jars using the jute webbing and the silver bands. Cute!

MyChampagneTaste said...

OMG...I just saw your house tour...it is so amazing...I love the old door for the basement and the pantry and that ISLAND...LOVE it...btw you can change the options for your page so people can comment on your house tour ...

Pamela said...

Those are pretty good looking fauxs! I may have to drive the 45 minutes to ours. The only ones I can find are at HobLob and they do not look real at all.

Bridget@Flour N Friends said...

Cute I want this :)

Williams said...

It seems to be the hardest during the winter months to keep the plants healthy. I just made a trip to a favorite nursery for some new ivy. I love having living plants in the home. Good luck with your new pots, Spring is just around the corner.

Cheryl said...

I think I need to make a trip to IKEA. Everything looks very nice. I mix a few fakes in with my live plants here and there. Most people never know. Love your p-nut butter jars. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Fran

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...