May 20, 2012

Natural {Tiny} Tree Table

Bringing a little bit of nature indoors is a beautiful way to add texture and character to any style of decor.

Today I made a little tree table.


We had a whole bunch of trees taken down a couple of years ago. This stump has been in my garage to dry out so it could be used inside.

Here is my simple and easy steps to how I created this natural tiny table...



During the drying time the tree had been seeping out all it's juices....
So it created a sort of white "film" where the tree had been cut.
I used some mineral spirits and a 5-in-1 tool to scrape it clean.


Then I scraped off some of the bark but not all of it.  I love the texture of the bark and a more natural state for the tree - not too "polished".


Then sand it down with about a 120 grit paper.  Be sure to wear full coverage safety goggles to protect your eyes from all the little chips that fly off while sanding.


With my Cricut I printed out a No. 6 on natural color card stock.


I applied the No. 6 with Matte Mod Podge to the top side.
(the No. 6 doesn't have a special meaning but for those who think it should...there are 6 kids in my family)


While the mod podge dries I wrap a rope around the center and use tiny nails and a hammer to secure it in place.



Not every room calls for a coffee table. That is where I love to use stools and plant stands. They are useful and beautiful and way more versatile than a larger table. A perfect size platform for a drink or book near a comfortable seat.


I can even use this outside...






A Natural {Tiny} Tree Table

14 comments :

A Primitive Place ~ Tammy said...

Wonderful idea.
Turned out so cute.
Thanks for sharing.
Tam

Laura said...

OMG!! I'm soooo mad at myself right now. You took a great idea right out of my mind.LOL.... last weekend there was a house who just chopped a tree down and left all there logs right on the side of the road and I wanted one so bad and never got myself to grab one. Im kicking myself in the rear end for sure. Love IT!!! TFS

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love this little tree table. Thanks so much for showing how you did it! This adds so much..a natural look, texture, it is fantastic! Now I'll have to stalk the next neighbor who cuts down a big tree:)

All Things Chic 2 said...

Very creative!!!
Much more cheaper too then the $150 ones I've seen @ HomeSence..
Blessings Lori ~

Kelly said...

That turned out so cute! I like the versatility of it. The addition of the #6 really made it have personality.

Heather @ The JUNKtion said...

That is adorable. Turned out wonderful. Thanks for the tutorial!! :)

Gwen @ The Bold Abode said...

You rock my world... trees are awesome. Tree tables are FANTASTIC.

Christine @ First Home...Love Life said...

This is adorable! I've seen stump tables sell for a fortune on random sites, but yours came out even better than the ones I've seen! Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing :-)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

I have seen so many of these beauties for a very high price...but yours looks so much better and the price is definitely right!!....Great project...beautiful job!

Addicted2HomeDecor said...

I just stumbled across your blog...it's beautiful! I have joined your site and recommended it my friends. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas. I would love for you to stop by mine sometime. Blessings ~ Judy

Gypsy Heart said...

Great idea! All for free too. You did a wonderful job on finishing it.

Pat

Gypsy Heart said...

Great idea! All for free too. You did a wonderful job on finishing it.

Pat

Bliss said...

What can I say, of course I love it.

~Bliss~

Junky Vagabond said...

Very cute! I'm eyeing my trees right now to see if they need a little trim ;)

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...