Feb 15, 2013

Hand Cut Heart Cookies

I should have posted this last week but if I make cookies like this ahead of time...I eat them!
I don't always use a cookie cutter for heart shaped sugar cookies. Only if they are going to a school classroom, do I make sure they are all equal.


I cut them out by hand with a small knife. I make the most of my rolled dough that way and they have much more funky character then a cookie cutter would give me.
Not everybody wants a big one anyway...
Some turn out pretty close in size.
I like the way a mix of sizes and colors look on a plate.
We took plates of cookies to our friends and neighbors.
Before Mazi ate them all!

HERE is the best sugar cookie recipe out there along with a super yummy frosting.
If you like sweets...you can follow my Pin Board HERE - Food My Kids Will Eat -
(aka - food I WANT to eat in disguise) 
Hope you were LOVED & HUGGED on Valentine's Day!
xoxo


12 comments :

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

these look soooo yummy!!!!!!

Mary Redo said...

What a fabulous idea! Love the look without the "cookie cutter" sameness! Thanks for sharing ... must make sugar cookies ;)

Hugs ~ Mary

Mary Redo said...

What a fabulous idea! Love the look without the "cookie cutter" sameness! Thanks for sharing ... must make sugar cookies ;)

Hugs ~ Mary

Kelly said...

They're too pretty to eat! I never thought of hand cutting out cookies before. I like how unique they look that way. Hope you had a great day yesterday!

Barbara Jean said...

sugar cookies with frosting are my very fave cookies....
and these are adorable!

blessings
barb

lynn said...

i never thought to hand cut my cookies--too smart! tfs the recipe--i'll give them a try:)

Leslie Harris said...

Wow. Any woman who shuns a cookie cutter so she can have a more 'funky' lookingcookie is my BFF!!
Holly you are such an original, I love it, seriously!
The cookies look yummy too.
Leslie (Gwen Moss)

Susie said...

Great job on those cookies. You know every kid would want one of those. :):) xoxo,Susie

NanaDiana said...

Love those funky cookies! I copied down the sugar cookie recipe and will try it soon- xo Diana

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

I only make Valentine cookies the day before...it's a tradition that you can eat them for breakfast on that day ;-)

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Yummy! I might have to give these a try. I like your cut out hearts so much better than the cookie cutter variety.

~Shanon

Sabrina @ Hiccupsinmyhair said...

You know I have the exact same problem! If I make the treat too soon, then I eat it and of course I need to make it for the holiday as well! So it's like I am eating the treat for like two weeks and while my taste buds enjoy the indulgence, my reflection does not! They do look so adorable.

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...