Jun 30, 2013

Industrial ~ Shab Master Bedroom

Welcome to my Shabby style master bedroom, blended with Vintage and Industrial accents. My redesigned space features a handcrafted headboard, up-cycled furniture, and a little dash of nature.
An antique trunk topped with an old bench houses the TV, the aged dressers are finished in a weathered dark paint and stain to create an appealing contrast against the soft white bedding and sheer window coverings.
The grey window panels are actually 104" oblong table cloths.
 Alternate uses for every day items in this bedroom make it unique and well balanced with both feminine and masculine textures.
Creating a one-of-a-kind look using vintage architectural and environmental finds, and items from the local hardware store, give this room a lived-in and rustic feeling.
I decorated this bedroom for my husband and I to share, using corrugated metal roofing and pine wood slabs to create the headboard (only $51). Our bedding was affordable but incredibly comfortable with various layers and textures of fabric and pillows.
My bedroom is anything but "standard", and I enjoyed doing all the work myself.
I hope you enjoy this preview of my newly decorated Industrial-Shab Master Bedroom!  It was a lot of fun to create, and a restful place to retire at the end of a busy day.
Mazi loves our new room, too!

Future posts coming with tutorials for the Bedding HERE, headboard, window treatments HERE and more.

View this room before HERE

This Story is Featured at I Love That Junk

Sharing with: Savvy Southern Style, CNN Open HouseShaken Together, DIY Show Off, My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia, From My Front Porch to Yours, Funky Junk Interiors and Funky Junk Interiors #203 for Industrial Decor

31 comments :

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Loving the new look in your bedroom. Great idea on using reusing tablecloths for your windows!

Have a great day!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Such a fun and inviting room. I love the mix of industrial with the vintage. Gorgeous. Hugs, Marty

Deb Legg said...

I love this! What a great bedroom, especially to trunk/bench tv stand.

Lynn@FernAvenueBlog said...

It looks fantastic Holly. Great space for both you and your husband!

Patty Sumner said...

It is beautiful Holly! Another great design by you. Congrats! Keep posting those creative ideas. Blessings!

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Looks great, Holly! Lots of fun elements. Love your "new" TV stand!

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Eye popping headboard !! Loads of things to see and touch . Great tip, the table cloths as window panels.
Luv it!! Perfect blend of masculine and feminine.
Happy Sunday.
Hugs, Gee

Elizabeth (Blue Clear Sky) said...

What a great new look for your room, Holly! Love the headboard and the pillows make your bed look so cozy! Great job!

chateau chic said...

I am WOWED by your new bedroom!! You really have the touch, Holly!
Mary Alice

lynn said...

i'm amazed how different you can make your bedroom look! they are all very special looking, holly, and this one just might be my fav:)

Katie Mansfield said...

Oh my! I love the headboard. I can't wait to see more.
I think I recognize that bedding.

Cozy Little House said...

It's beautiful1 I'm going to remember that about the window treatments. I need some.
Brenda

NanaDiana said...

Your bedroom looks just beautiful! Love your window treatments and bedding- xo Diana

Christine Vandormolen said...

Holly you totally changed the look of your bedroom...wow...what a difference you made with different accessories, I love that old trunk with the TV on it. Didn't you used to have a large black armoire in there?

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Holly, What a FABULOUS headboard!!!! Your room is so dramatic... yet soft! It really reminds me of old Hollywood!!!
Kudos to you!!!!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

Love the look of your room.. cant wait to see some of the how-to's.

Leslie Harris said...

Holly the headboard is so cool. I love it, and the best part is, it goes perfectly with the vibe you've got going in there. What a beautiful bedroom.

DallyGirl said...

I always admire your style!

Cynthia said...

Your bedroom is gorgeous! I love the mixes of texture! That trunk in your room is so pretty and I like what you did with the TV. The two pups are cute too!

Cynthia

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

It's a gorgeous room, full of interesting touches!

Angela Ryder said...

Your headboard is fabulous!! Your room is so dramatic yet very soft and comfortable! Love it all!!~~Angela

Bliss said...

I can see all sorts of knock off corrugated headboards coming. You are on to something.

Mary Ann said...

Okay, I liked the old bedroom a lot... I am more that kind of girl... but I think you did a super job with this one, even though I would not be comfortable in it... too industrial for me. I think it is very, very well done, nonetheless! Good job!

Designed Decor said...

What a beautiful space. I love all the details, especially the headboard!

Christine Graves said...

Stunning, and sooo creative. Love love love it!

waqas farooq said...

Lols and Gags, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Funny Pictures, Lol is the Laugh out of Laugh where you can Fun Unlimited and Laughing Unlimited. Visit the Best Lol Network Ever, where you can every thing is lol and Funny, Troll Images, Funny Vidoes, Prank Peoples, Funny Peoples, Prank Images, Fail Pictures, Epic Pictures, Epic Videos, Prank Videos, Fail Videos and Much More Fun and Entertainment
lolsgag.com

muhammad kumail said...

Earn Money Launch a New Earning System on Facebook, the best Social Media Website where you can share some fun and earn with us, Share some pictures on Facebook and earn on every pictures you post or share. Unlimited Facebook Wall Sharing and Unlimited Earning.
Earn with Making Facebook Ids, Make Unlimited Facebook Ids and Get 10$ on Every FB Id.
jobzcorner.com

saeed ahmed thanvi said...

Its Awkward to Say some one you are doing Lol.... Every thing you want in Lol and Troll, Now you Get all in one Network, LolsGag, Lol Pictures, Lol Videos, Lol Peoples, Funny Peoples, Troll Images, Awkwards Text, Funny Comics, Jokes, Funny Jokes, Funny Facts, Humour, Funny Planet, troll pictures, funny pictures, Facebook pictures, facebook funny pictures, facebook lol pictures, Funny videos and Much More only Laughing out of Laughing
lolsgag.com

Kathy Moreland said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Funky Junk Interiors said...

Oh my goodness Holly... I adore this so SO much! Gotta feature you on I Love That Junk again I'm afraid. :)

Nancy Davis said...

Like Mazi, I do love how you design the room. You inspire me to decorate my own room too, I want to discover if I have also talent in interior designing.



Thanks,
Window Planet - Doors replacement GTA

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...