Jun 14, 2013

Teacher Gift Planter

The last day of school was today.

One of my boys' fourth grade class signed this planter for their teacher a few weeks ago for an end of year gift.
The kids used oil-based paint sharpie pens to sign it.
The class and room mom's presented it to the teacher a couple of days ago along with a chocolate bar bouquet and some gift cards. Mrs. Ayer was very happy.
My pallet console table came in handy to use for planting the pretty fern in the pot.
Now....for a nice, relaxing summer!!!
(my kids are growing up way too fast)

View the original post for the making of this plant box HERE.

5 comments :

Shabby chic Sandy said...

I love the planter--and how sweet it is all signed and everything. My Dad was a school teacher and he would have kept this forever! What a wonderful idea for a teacher gift!

Ann from On Sutton Place said...

This is so great! I was a school secretary for 17 years and I saw a lot of teacher gifts that were not usable items! I love that this can be kept and is functional. Great job! Pinned it for you too.

Ricki Moore said...

I really like this planter idea. Is it wrong that I would rather make it for myself that for a teacher (I don't have kids :) )

Kelly said...

I love it!! Such a creative and meaningful gift. I bet the teacher loved it. That will be a great keepsake too. Glad to hear that school is out for your area so y'all can now enjoy the summer. You're right. Kids are growing up way too fast!

Paxie said...

Wonderful idea!!

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...