Oct 3, 2013

Moss & Vine Pumpkin Urn

This morning was so pretty outside so I messed around on the porch for a minute after getting the kids on the bus. I have a lot to do today but this only took me a few minutes to put together.
Our porch is a fun place to hang out but it is pretty narrow.
So by adding some little accents to just the stairs make it feel decorated for the season but still roomy at the front door and where the rocking chairs are. The middle urn was a quick addition.
One empty urn with craft moss placed at the top edges and
topped with a Vine Ribbon Pumpkin.
Moss might seem like a spring accent but I think here in the southern part of the country where it's moist - moss is a year 'round accent.
This poor boxwood never grows. I topped the rim of the urn with two twig wreaths and some faux gourds.
There are two fall wreaths on our porch so the door is plain.
To see how I made the vine ribbon pumpkin GO HERE.

If the weather would just take it down a few notches - it would feel more like fall.

Sharing with: Stone Gable, I Gotta Create, From My Front Porch to Yours, Common Ground, The Charm of Home, Rooted in Thyme, Funky Junk Interiors - Funky Fall Decorating, The Old Barn

17 comments :

Phyllis @Around the House said...

Your moss covered pumpkin is so pretty in that pot, love the chic way it looks...Your front door is so pretty..Phyllis

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I LOVE IT!! your porch looks fabulous!

Debra Oliver said...

oh, I just LOVE those wonderful urns with the wrapped vine pumpkins!! so pretty! please come link up at Be Inspired if you have a minute.

Pamela said...

Love it all Holly! You gave me an idea with the jars. Not sure I can accomplish it but I think I will try. Thanx for coming to THT! Hope all is well!

Melinda Hartzog said...

Love, love your vine wrapped pumpkin. The urn and gourds are beautiful.

Jody and Stan said...

I love your beautiful Moss & Vine Pumpkin Urn! Would love for you to share at Simple & Sweet Fridays. Your porch looks amazing!!

Hugs,
Jody

chateau chic said...

I love anything in an urn!! And of course you have another great idea of dressing up your pumpkin with the vine wrapping. Your porch looks so festive for the season, Holly!
Mary Alice

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your porch looks amazing. I love the vine on the pumpkin, how cute is that. Hugs, marty

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Ok... So I plopped my gourd in my urn and it looks eeehhhh! You added moss and a vine wrapped pumpkin to yours and it looks FAB!!!
So copying your idea Holly!
Luv the porch!! Want the life is beautiful sign. If it goes missing....
Hugs, Gee

Becky M said...

I love the moss with with white pumpkin! Your whole porch is adorable!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

I love that combination of the white pumpkin with the vine wrapped around it sitting on top of green moss. It has so much texture and interest. Your porch looks great for the season!

lynn said...

your porch looks ready for fall, holly! love the white pumpkins wrapped and mossed:) have a great weekend!

Shabby chic Sandy said...

Your porch looks so pretty! I love all the natural elements--I am a big fan of white pumpkins :)

Vintage Gal said...

Love all of your fall decor ~ it looks amazing ~ love the pumpkin in the wire ;-)

Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

Gorgeous porch Holly!...and enjoyed your tour over at Marty's

Diane said...

Everything is so beautiful, a perfect porch to enjoy the fall weather and changing colours. Love the wired pumpkin. Diane

Our photos said...

I Love it all Holly! You have make beautiful photos!
Greetings, RW & SK

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...