Oct 22, 2013

Thanksgiving Cranberry Salad

I used to leave out the traditional cranberry sauce at Thanksgiving - nobody every ate it.
After discovering this recipe for Cranberry Salad - it is my absolute favorite traditional recipe to make during the holidays. I can make this a day ahead, too.


Cranberry Salad
1 lb. Fresh Cranberries (crush in blender)
2 Cups of Sugar
Blend the Crushed Berries and Sugar together.
Cover and store in the refrigerator over night.

Two to Four hours before serving stir in:
1/2 lb. White Marshmallows
1 Cup of whipped - Whipping Cream (I add a little powdered sugar to my whipping cream)
1 Cup of Nuts (I like slivered almonds)
Refrigerate until serving.
Mine is going to a teacher luncheon so I put it in a disposable container.
Delicious, colorful and it's one of those left overs that tastes yummy all weekend!



13 comments :

NanaDiana said...

Okay- I will try this! It looks great- No one in our family eats cranberries except ME! xo Diana

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

I'm the cranberry lover in my house, but this is definitely a kid-pleaser! Adding it to my recipe board!

Donna L said...

I'm going to so use this and share with my friends (could you please post on Facebook?) Thank you for sharing :)

Becky M said...

I actually really like cranberry sauce, maybe I'm weird haha. But this looks amazing! I am bookmarking this for this year!

agirlandhersparkles.blogspot.com

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

That looks delicious. I like the addition of the almonds.

debi rosin said...

Sounds yummy. . . thank for sharin

Junkchiccottage said...

Holly,
This looks delicious. I am going to try this. Thanks for sharing. Now I am hungry!!!
Kris

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That does look yummy!

Katie Mansfield said...

Hmmm. That looks and sounds wonderful. I'll have to give it a try.

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

I bet this is really good, Holly. I have to confess that we usually just get the cranberry celebration salad from Kroger. xo Laura

Lawanna Brown said...

Looking forward to making that yummy salad for Thanksgiving. It is the best. Thanks for the post.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh this sounds soooooooo good. I will definitely make this one this year. Hugs, Marty

Tanya Runkle said...

This sounds delish Holly!! :)

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...