Nov 18, 2013

White, Black and Natural Family Room

Last week I cleaned our family room so good. I left it plain for several days. That helped me to regroup and slowly add the accents that I love.

The green/grey fireplace wasn't really the look I wanted after all so I painted it white.
This is a photo from last week.
Here it is today. Still light and simple but with more black and white accents like the rug,
throw pillows and textured throw blankets.
The light and bright white painted fireplace surround blends with the board and batten wainscoting and keeps the color scheme really simple in here. 
White, Black and Natural....I need to just stick with my favorites.

Wednesday is our Holiday Baking Party!
November 20th


Link up the recipes for your favorite cookies, cakes, pies and breads and share with us.  November 20th, so mark your calendars.  Link up to any of your hostesses blogs and your link will appear on all of them. 

Your hostesses:
                                       Atta Girl Says    Down To Earth Style   A Stroll Thru Life                                                    
                                   See you then!                                    

Sharing with:

24 comments :

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

Love the changes. Everything looks really pulled together and the white fireplace brightened up the whole room. xo Laura

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Love the new look!

BlueClearSky Elizabeth said...

Your room looks very cosy and welcoming, Holly!

chateau chic said...

I like your changes and simplifying, Holly! The zebra rug provides a great anchor and also a bit of a fun focal point.
Mary Alice

Christine Vandormolen said...

that fireplace is ever changing....wow....I have to admit, I do like it better white too!!!!

Cozy Little House said...

I think it does look better white. I like to move things about and live with them a day or so before I decide on changes. Sounds like you do too. Can't go wrong with white.
Brenda

Amanda {Kids and Cabernet} said...

Looks so pretty - love the changes you made!

Jody and Stan said...

Thanks for stopping by!! Love your new look!
Hugs,
Jody

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

MMm... coffee and I are coming over :-) Cozy and inviting Holly.
Hugs, Gee

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

Love the white!

Amy at Ms. Toody Goo Shoes said...

It looked great last week, but looks amazing in all white. Love it!

Sonya@Beyond the Screen Door said...

Hi, Holly! I love this crispness of this color scheme. Such a lovely room.

Leslie Harris said...

I agree with your decision to lighten up the fireplace surround. Looks wonderful with your touches of black. And the throws and pillow make it cozy. That last photo with your No Place Like Home pillow is gorgeous. I want that pillow!

Katie Mansfield said...

I started laughing when I saw it on Pinterst. Does your husband just shake his head like mine does with all the changing?
Now it blends instead of pops. Both looked great but I like it better white. I love your color scheme in this room. Where is the Christmas tree going to go?

Jennifer Wolfe said...

I am always changing things around my house too. I really like the fireplace now being white!
Everything looks great!!

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Looks lovely to me! Still crushing on your sofa!

Jenn M said...

Looks awesome! Love the white :)

Kelly said...

You can't ever go wrong with a neutral palette like that. The white on the fireplace looks nice and classic.

Deb Hrabik said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that changes like that! The gray was nice too, but I really love the white. Zebra rug is super great. It looks bright and happy.
Deb@LakeGirlPaints

lynn said...

you know i love the white:) gorgeous room, holly! i can't cook, but, i'll check out the party:)

Cynthia said...

Holly, you are so brave and have so much energy. I know I said I liked the other one and I did but this is even better. I think you nailed it this time.

Cynthia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Looks wonderful!

Angela Ryder said...

I think it looks great!!! Love everything!~~Angela

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Beautiful room, Holly!

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...