Dec 27, 2014

A Shutter Headboard

When my parents came to stay with us for Thanksgiving I needed to put a guest bedroom together pronto!


Our guest bedroom is combined with the playroom in the attic.  It's two flights of stairs up from the main floor but - at least it has a private bathroom and, I think, it's pretty quiet there.

I want my special guests to feel comfortable and right at home during their stay.
I used this faux wood shutter for a headboard at the last minute. I had just snagged it from the Habitat for Humanity Restore shop in Richmond. I gave it a soft painted and distressed look (how? HERE) I used monkey hooks to hang it on the wall. I like to use "D" rings screwed into the back and slipped onto the unobtrusive wall hooks. (you can read more about those HERE)
A freshly washed down comforter and fluffy pillows might help my sweet parents rest well.  I am so grateful when our family and friends make a special trip out to see us. It's their vacation so I feel the need to make it worth their time  --- and money.

There are so many creative ways to make a headboard these days.  You can see more of my own headboard creations HERE.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your holiday week is going great!

7 comments :

Michele Alger said...

Simply beautiful!

Shanon at Vintage Sparkle Chic said...

Very inviting, I bet they loved it!!

~Shanon

Junkchiccottage said...

Love the headboard Holly. So pretty and creative. I bet your parents did not want to leave that sweet room. So comfy and inviting.
Kris

Gee Singh Newbanks said...

Such a soft and inviting room Holly. LUV the headboard idea.
You are blessed to have had your sweet parents come to visit and spent the holidays with you. Enjoy!!!
Holiday hugs...
Gee

Sally LoveOfHomes said...

It looks beautiful Holly! I hope you had a Merry Christmas!!

bj said...

Well, you smart girl, you....this is fantastic. I love it.

Christine Vandormolen said...

ok Holly, I remember last year you painted an existing headboard for your guest room, which turned out great as well. Did you get rid of that set?? Well this is looking super great!!!! PINNED

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...