Dec 2, 2014

Super Chippy Painted Table

Next to the chair is a little table. It's perfect for setting a drink on or placing next to a small chair. I found it at a thrift store and then repainted it.
Let's take a closer look.....

The top is super chippy with the color Fossil by Rustoleum. I used THIS technique with Vaseline to get it so chipped up.
I wanted this piece to be really worn looking. I used lots of no name brand Vaseline on the dark wood areas that are exposed in this picture. (see this post for details on how).
I also used a razor blade to take off the paint by swiping it in the same direction as the wood grain. Here is a post with more how to for that technique.
In this photo you can see that I sprayed the piece in Fossil spray paint first and then in white.  Some areas of white paint peeled back with the sharp edge of my razor blade so you can see two layers - dark wood and Fossil color then topped in white.
The top is sanded with 220 grit paper on a hand sander along with the other two distressing techniques. I like the table with a two tone effect.
Isn't it a super cute accent table? I love it! I have been wanting to do a dramatic distressing job on wood and this is a perfect piece to try it on.
Thanks for reading and have a super fun day!

7 comments :

chateau chic said...

Super Super cute!! I love your little table. These little tables become favorites of mine...I have one in my stairwell that I absolutely adore and can't imagine parting with. It's not valuable and was so cheap...but it has so much charm!! Love the layers of paint look on your sweet little table.
Mary Alice

Katie Mansfield said...

I remember reading about your Vaseline technique. It's a cute table. I love your photos too.

Amanda {Kids and Cabernet} said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I've never heard of the Vaseline technique. So pretty!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Holly,
Lovin' the outcome of this cute little table...think I will try doing this on the next piece I paint.

Blessings,
Linda

Kelly said...

I love that table! I would buy it if I saw it for sale. Love the chippy look you gave it.

Leslie Harris said...

I love this and what a beautiful vignette you've created! Hope you guys had a great thanksgiving :)

Junkchiccottage said...

Really a great piece that you found and re loved Holly.
Love it's legs so much sweetness to this piece.
Kris

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...