Jan 13, 2015

Up-cycle 80's Style Scalloped Wood

Do you go to yard sales, Goodwill stores or flea markets? If so, you probably see old fashioned shelving or boxes with scalloped edges or even heart cut outs on the trim.


If they're solid wood, I snag them up and rip the "frill-y" parts off with my table saw. (I didn't take a before pic...but the top was all cut out like lace)
Rope works awesome for handles. Just drill holes in the sides and tie the rope as shown above.
After sanding the wood a bit I used an MDF board '&' from the craft store and used it as a reverse stencil by spray painting around it. Ebony stain is my favorite lately and a little went a long way with an inexpensive paint brush & using light feather strokes following the grain of the wood.
The inside is the original stain. The edges where the saw cut the scalloped trim off took the stain darker and I like the contrast.

With two kids and a dog - baskets and bins help keep clutter out of sight. Branches are shown here but toys, craft supplies or winter mittens could be stored in there, too.

Un-clutter and Up-cycle....

Thanks for stopping by and have a fun day!

8 comments :

Michele Alger said...

I can't pass up a good container at yard sales or thrift stores. Love your bin, and thanks for reminding me we can use rope, such great and practical detail!!! ;)

aryh884 aryh884 said...

台中徵信社價格,出軌,工商徵信,外遇,財務公司
徵信協會 ,合法徵信社,免費法律諮詢,外遇徵兆,
台中徵信社,免費諮詢律師,法律諮詢,徵信,徵信社,抓姦,花蓮徵信社,徵信社工作
心理醫生,捉姦,新竹徵信社,徵信社收費,徵信公司
基隆徵信社,捉猴,尋人徵信社,女人徵信社,合法徵信社,外遇徵兆,法律諮詢免費
外遇搜證,徵信社推薦,尋人啟事,徵信社工作,台中徵信社,女人徵信社
蒐證,女人徵信,桃園徵信社,婚外情,法律諮詢
徵信社工作,財產徵信,第三者,尋人查址
彰化徵信社,台中徵信,免費法律諮詢,雲林徵信社工作,出軌
合法徵信社,法律諮詢,免費法律諮詢,律師,婚姻挽回,徵信社價格
台中徵信公司,通姦,離婚,婚姻,高雄徵信社
外遇解析,女人徵信社,外遇抓姦,法律諮詢服務,
免費法律諮詢,外遇蒐證

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

Love your wooden box and using the ampersand in reverse was a great idea! I'm always on the lookout for pieces with good bones. Probably why my shed is so full of "projects".

Kelly said...

I love boxes and crates. I just did a blog post about that very subject too! Your box is so cute with the ampersand symbol and the rope handles. Very cute idea for firewood next to the fireplace.

Junkchiccottage said...

Holly I love this. I think the wood in there by a firepalce would be so awesome too. The ampersand is a great idea to give cuteness to the storage box. Another great idea Holly. Super sweeeeet!
Kris

Christine Vandormolen said...

totally awesome upcycle....I can never pass up a crate!!!!

Sandi @ The Primitive Skate said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing!

NanaDiana said...

Great job. Ain't never gonna be the 1980's again! Really nice upcycle, Holly. xo Diana

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...