Jan 22, 2015

Upcycle a Baby Crib

Do you have a baby crib hanging around from the days of "no sleep"? Well, we had two! For some reason I couldn't get rid of one of them - maybe I was holding onto it for sentimental reasons even though neither of our kids really used them much. (we were those parents that slept with their babies)


Our home has very little storage so the pieces to our baby bed were sitting outside waiting for me to do something with them. The great thing is that this "weathered look" is real.
After detaching the legs from this side piece then cutting it down to a size that worked I rounded up some old hardware and randomly placed them on the crib.
Having a place to clip cards or homework on and also hang keys or scissors from is really handy.
This would be a good thing to hang inside a pantry or mudroom. I could hang aprons from the hooks and recipes or lunch money for the kids on the clips.

I always get ambitious toward organizing in January...too bad it doesn't last all year.

Thanks for viewing my upcycled project!

Happy Day to y'all (or should I say all y'all??? - sounds like living in the South is rubbing off on me )

9 comments :

Michele Alger said...

What a great idea, who would guess it was a crib? I love the hooks and how weathered it became after being outside all that time. My wheels are spinning! ;)

wayne brown said...

What a great idea! what did Ben & Luke say?

Christine Vandormolen said...

super super creative!!!!LUV IT

Teresa@magazineyourhome said...

I LOVE this idea! I don't have a crib left over, too long ago for that but I'm going to go thrifting for one! Thanks for the wonderful inspiration, pinning this!

ImSoVintage Laura Walker said...

What a great idea, Holly, and don't you love how we ignore something outside and then it gets perfectly weathered. xo Laura

Shabby chic Sandy said...

What a wonderful idea--I love it!

Kelly said...

I love this idea! I don't have my baby crib anymore. I like that yours is so rustic looking.

Lawanna Brown said...

Holly, that makes me a little sad. To think that they grew up so fast. How could that beautiful crib look so warn and weathered. I hope you always hold onto that wonderful treasure. One day Ben and Luke just might have a fight over who gets it hung in their house. A great way to display and preserve a memory. Have a great week finding all those special deals and turning them into beautiful works of art. love ya, mom

Danni@SiloHillFarm said...

I love this! I have been hanging on to a crib and wondering what to do with it! Thanks for the inspiration girl!

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...