Mar 17, 2015

Dining in Black and White

I had to share what I have been working on for all of last weekend through today. This is my shop space and that gorgeous table has kept me busy for days.

Check out the legs on this girl!
Black and white are my most favorite colors (or non-colors) to use together. A timeless combination that looks amazing through any trend.
For display I made the wood table runner that says GATHER on it with drawer pulls on each end to make moving the center piece easy when needed and no room is complete without something living in it so even this shop space gets a splash of fresh lavender. Greens make a space feel so clean and comfortable.
The customers that frequent this shop seem to like a heavily distressed paint finish (shabby chic) and although I love a chippy white dining set, the black combined makes it seem collected over time and as I hear designers say "black grounds a room". It's shabby but rich looking and solid, too.

Well, one more dining set in the garage to go....(I need a body massage).
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

11 comments :

Leslie Harris said...

Holly this entire scene looks gorgeous! I'm such a fan of the drama and chic-ness of black and white. You've done a wonderful job combining textures and that centerpiece is so stunning. Love it and wish I could visit in person.

Rustic Maple Elizabeth said...

That is a gorgeous finish on those pretty pieces. I agree that they could work with a number of styles as well. The whole setting looks lovely and I enjoy seeing your growing business. Wishing you much success!

NanaDiana said...

Holly, It is always fun to see what you are up to. Love the set. It is interesting to see what sells in different areas. Here heavy distressing is a hard sell...they like just a bit of distressing. Those chairs are darling, too, xo Diana

Julie said...

That is absolutely stunning Holly - I love it all, the table, chairs, the decorations on the table centre. You sure do know how to pull it all together :-) Looking at this makes me feel like tossing out all mine & starting over!!!!

Michelle Wilkes said...

I'm in love. love the whole look, the chairs are absolutely beautiful. Wish you weren't so far away and I could hire you to decorate my home!

Kelly said...

I adore that table and chair set you're selling! I love how you styled the centerpiece too. That should sell quickly. It's so charming.

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh Holly this set is gorgeous. That is going to sell quickly. Love your gather table runner. So sweet.
Kris

Home on Hidden Oaks said...

It is gorgeous!! Great job! I don't have much black in my house, but I love it! Not sure why I don't have more of it!

Leena Milligan Lanteigne said...

This is gorgeous! I love black and white! Hugs, LEENA

Lawanna Brown said...

Holly, All of the above comments pretty much sum up what I would say. Your shop owner must love you to death with all the beautiful items you bring to her shop. No one could top what you do. This dining set is just stunning. You are amazing. love ya, mom

wayne brown said...

Lots of work but it really paid off. It keeps you out of trouble. LOVE, Dad

You May Also Like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...